So what exactly is a Heat Column?
To put it simply, a Heat Column is a smooth copper base attached to a tube, which is also made of copper. It almost looks like the casing of a rifle round in shape. If you'll look at the picture above, you'll be able to see the Heat Column which goes from the base to the top of the cooler. It is the copper column that goes up the center of the cooler.
Now, the tube is not solid, but hollow. It is filled with a "non-organic substance" that aids in the transfer of heat upward and away from the base of the column. Once the heat is traveling away from the base of the column, it is dissipated outward even more by means of the copper fins.
The effectiveness of the Heat Column is what allows the cooler to be viable with a small, quiet fan. Of course, you can make it even more powerful by using larger and more fans on the system, but it is nice to know there is a quiet option that will still work if you want it to.
I don't always make notes regarding the contact patch of the processor to the heatsink, but considering that the Heat Column is the only part of the base utilized in cooling, it is an important concept with this cooler.
It only takes a quick glance to see the dead-center contact patch after removing the cooler from the test system. Many coolers will be offset after removal, but not this model. It also shows that you can expect maximum efficiency from the Heat Column technology used in this heatsink.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- New Master Chief Collection update lets you install segments
- Sony to continue strong first-party IP focus
- Hideo Kojima teases E3 2018 showcase for Death Stranding
- Super Smash Bros. roster leak suggests Metroid's Ridley
- Overwatch splash art spotted in Paladins advertisement
- Buy 5 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 (www.BizFests.com) 64GB $1,595
- Buy 5 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 64GB SM-G960UZKAXAA $1,595
- X58a-ud5 rev 1.0 Bios with VT-d support
- HyperX FURY DDR4-3466 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- If I use the M2_1 slot in the x470 Taichi Ultimate ,will it take away PCIE lanes from the GPU?
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit