SPEC CPU2006 v1.2
SPEC CPU2006v1.2 measures compute intensive performance across the system using realistic benchmarks to rate real performance.
This benchmark has many different commands to use depending on what the user is looking for. For our tests, we used basic commands that run a full test with a base tune.
You can see here the SPEC scores after full runs for Integer (int) and Floating Point (fp) tests.
Single-core runs show how fast a CPU can perform a given task. In the multi-core runs, we set SPEC CPU2006v1.2 to use all thread to measure the throughput of the system.
The additional cores/threads of this system have a huge impact on performance in these tests and really show the amount of horsepower that a dual-socket system has over a single-socket board
Single-threaded results are still very important, but when you need many single-threaded apps to run, moving to a dual-socket setup is the way to go.
In this test, we see a slight separation of multi-threaded results with a difference of about 30 to 40 points. This is not a huge difference but something to keep an eye on depending on what your application is.
Looking at the results of single-threaded integer runs, we can get an idea of speed at which the Intel Xeon E5-2697 V2s can crunch through the different integer tests. Not all CPUs are equal here, and ones that have a higher speed will generally perform these tests faster. Naturally, using an overclocked system or CPUs with a higher stock speed will generate higher results.
Now we run the test using all 48 threads of the dual Intel Xeon E5-2697 V2s to measure the throughput of the system. In this test, more cores/threads will have a greater effect on the outcome.
Just like the integer tests, we now run the floating-point tests in single-core mode. The lower clock speed of the Intel Xeon E5-2697 V2s holds this benchmark back.
Here we see the results of the multi-threaded floating-point run that uses all 48 threads of the dual Intel Xeon E5-2697 V2s. Like the multi-threaded integer test, more cores/threads will have a greater impact on the test.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications & Layout Details]
- Page 3 [BIOS & Software Details]
- Page 4 [Remote Management]
- Page 5 [Test System Setup]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - System and CPU Tests]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Memory & UnixBench]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - SPEC CPU2006]
- Page 9 [Power Consumption & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Red Dead Redemption 2 has players surviving off the land
- Red Dead Redemption 2 PS4 Pro bundle announced
- Jump Force Collectors Edition costs $260, pre-order bonuses
- Square Enix showcase 10 minutes of LEFT ALIVE gameplay
- Possible Diablo animated series in development with Netflix
- اقرب توكيل وايت ويل شبرا الخيمة (01225025360) توكيل ص¡
- EP2C602 wont post
- صيانة كريازى مصر 0235700997 | توكيل ثلاجة كريازى الت
- صيانة جنرال اليكتريك مصر 0235700994 | توكيل ثلاجات ج
- صيانة كلفينيتور مصر 0235700997 | توكيل ثلاجات كلفين
- AkkenCloud Announces Vendor Management Systems Integration Partnership with JobRobotix
- USR ID adds tamper alert feature to mobile phone proximity lock app Leash
- Bitmain Announces Next-Generation ASIC Chip, New Mining Machine will be Available Soon
- Awesome Adventuring on the Go: Broken Sword 5 - the Serpent's Curse launches today on Nintendo Switch
- Uncle Death Radically Skateboards His Way to PC in LET IT DIE, Coming Soon to Steam