The main supporting features of this motherboard are its two mini-SAS connectors and one mini SATA connector, which give storage and RAID options right out of the box. The two 10GBase-T LAN connections also supply basic network connectivity and provide the option to install faster network cards into the PCIe busses.
The general layout of the S7056WGM3NR-2T is typical for motherboards of this type. CPUs and RAM are located at the front of the board to allow better access to case fans for cooling. The main storage connectors are located at the back of the motherboard, which can give access to storage locations at the front and back of the server without too many issues.
Another difference of this motherboard is the CPU fan header locations. The fan header for CPU #1 is just above and to the right of the socket, while the fan header for CPU #0 is at the far left side at the front of the motherboard.
The CPU socket area is nice and clean, which will help with airflow and cooling. Please take note that this motherboard uses socket 2011 narrow ILM type coolers.
We are looking at the rear right side of the motherboard now, and you can see I/O connections at the top. Over on the right edge is the PCH SKU Upgrade ROM Module Header, front fan header, and power connection. There is also a USB Type-A connection with a COM2 Port header next to it.
Located at the left rear of the motherboard, we find the I/O connections.
Here we see the main storage connections on the S7056WGM3NR-2T. The top two connectors are the mini-SAS, and the mini SATA connections are at the bottom.
The two blue headers on the left edge are for USB expansion. Two blue SATA connectors are right below. Just to the right of the blue SATA connectors is a SATA SGPIO header.
Looking at the middle left side, we find two blue SATA ports and the front panel header below. The next header is for the LAN3 LEDs.
Looking at the rear of the motherboard, we find the I/O connections. At the left is two USB connections with the IPMI port at the top. The next stack is VGA output and a COM port at the bottom. The little button is the ID LED button.
The next two LAN connectors allow configuration as:
1. When i350 LAN chip is on, LAN1 and LAN2 can support 10Mbps~1Gbps.
2. When X540 LAN chip is on, LAN1 and LAN2 can support up to 100Mbps~10Gbps.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications & Layout Details]
- Page 3 [BIOS & Software Details]
- Page 4 [Remote Management]
- Page 5 [Test System Setup]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - System and CPU Tests]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Memory & UnixBench]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - SPEC CPU2006]
- Page 9 [Power Consumption & Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Epic Store has 85 million users
- Google Stadia only works with Pixel phones, Chromecast on TV
- Switch could use Microsoft voice chat technology
- Intel's new Graphics Command Center application looks BOSS
- Nintendo lets indie studio make a Zelda game
- Do anyone can help in converting Outlook PST Files into EML format
- vandafil advanced blend
- Icy Dock flexiDock MB524SP-B Review - 4x 2.5" SATA, 5.25 Bay
- Icy Dock flexiDock MB795SP-B Review - 3.5" & 2.5" Single Bay
- Logitech G903 Lightspeed Wireless Gaming Mouse Review
- EVE: Aether Wars Successfully Achieves Groundbreaking 14,000-Ship Battle Live At GDC
- Stainless Games new IP, ShockRods, set to re-ignite arena combat genre with over-the-top action
- RIFT is Celebrating its 8th Anniversary! Update Gives Players New Expert Dungeon and a Colorful Carnival
- Ubisoft Announces The PC Specifications For Assassin's Creed III Remastered
- Life Is Strange 2 Episode 3 Release Date Announced