After a fair bit of testing against other cooling pads, and with the laptop just elevated with just the built-in cooling with and without the CARRY NB-EC01, let's just say we are really unimpressed. The idea of this device is sound, and there are gains to be had, but the near fifteen degrees of difference boasted on the packaging was nothing like the results we got on two different laptops. If you have that specific ASUS laptop, you may very well see similar results as what Evercool offers as a baseline to go from, but neither of my systems got anywhere near that.
The design of the device is well thought out, and pretty indestructible, which it needs to be to survive the rigors of traveling inside of a bag on long trips. It is also aesthetically pleasing in the sense that it is not just a flat box with a name on it, but is just done to distract the eyes from that simple fact. In low mode the CARRY is tolerable with a 28 dB noise reading. When in the high mode, the 45dB of noise coming out of the cooler is a downer, but had it been able to deliver good thermal results, it is something we would have to deal with for good results. The sad fact is: no matter how well it stayed in place, how cool it looks, or now loud it was, we only saw three degrees difference as the best results from the two laptops used. It is very hard to be impressed at this point. While it is small, and easier to take around with you, there just isn't any reason to get very excited here.
When you look at the larger picture, and the fact that the pricing of the CARRY takes you into laptop coolers like we all use anyways -why not just opt to carry something a bit more bulky that can offer ergonomics, extra USB ports, and give you a few degrees benefit like this does? And those are nowhere near as noisy as this CARRY is. It is rare that we outright call something a failure, but for our uses, the CARRY just does not impress as the packaging implies, and for what this fan in a box costs to get to your door, this Evercool product just misses the mark on its basic functionality. From what we saw, this product is only worth the investment if you have absolutely no room for another alternative (like an open window and a brick).
Honestly, had the packaging not boasted amazingly spectacular results from this cooler, and had they taken an honest average across multiple systems, we may have been a bit more lenient, but we feel somehow mislead. This is something we just cannot recommend to our readers.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Evercool CARRY NB-EC01 Notebook Cooler]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Far Cry 5 tops game sales for March 2018
- Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus comes to Switch, June 29
- LG's new G7 ThinQ brings the stupid notch from iPhone X
- H1Z1 is locked at 60FPS on the PS4 Pro
- Ohio university gives scholarships to best Fortnite players
- EVGA DG-77 Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- B360M-ITX/ac does not see USB drive at all
- WD My Passport Wireless SSD 500GB Review
- Legacy Mode
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit