The SA-ENC12G-01A provides storage for eight 2.5-inch storage devices.
The front of the JBOD is simple. A latch on each drive sled releases the drives. The JBOD is constructed of very sturdy metal and has a solid feel to it. A button on the front silences the built-in alarm, and a 'fan-failed' LED indicates a fan problem. There is also a power indicator LED. This small enclosure is very resilient and stood up to the rigors of our test labs for several months with no issue.
The 5,7000 RPM Delta 80x28mm fan cools the drives, providing 80CFM, and it is rated for 52 dB. There is an on/off switch above the fan and four connections for the HD Mini-SAS cables. The power supply receptacle is next to the smaller PSU fan on the bottom of the JBOD.
Removing the side panel exposes the innards of the JBOD. There are two Quarch 12Gb/s backplanes connected to the drive bays. The bays also have slotted sides to facilitate efficient airflow. The backplanes are connected to the rear of the enclosure with a specialized connector, pictured at the bottom of this page. The Zippy EMACS P1S-5150V 150W mini power supply occupies the bottom of the case.
Two PCBs house the components for the front LEDs, alarm, and fan power connections.
One of the most impressive aspects of the SA-ENC12G-01A is the very smooth operation of the drive sleds. Many enclosures and JBODs have significant friction when installing the drives. Some enclosures require a bit of force when inserting the drive. We have actually broken the SAS/SATA connections on the drives during installation in cheap enclosures. The Serial Cables JBOD features a very smooth installation when we push the drives into the enclosure. The complete lack of resistance is impressive. The drive sled design utilizes thin metal and leaves a good amount of space open on the bottom to cool the drives.
The drive sleds have slots open on the front for smooth airflow.
This connector provides the bridge between the rear of the case and the Quarch backplanes. The Dual HD MiniSAS Receptacle (SFF-8644) to Dual Int MD MiniSAS Plug (SFF-8643) can also be bought separately at Serial Cables.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Everspace will take flight on the Switch in December
- Team Cherry announces Hollow Knight physical copy release
- Space Hulk: Tactics trailer unveiled, October 9 release
- Life is Strange 2 revealed, new trailer/screenshots
- Broforce publisher announces Switch release Sept 6th
- P9X79E-WS Giant Headaches
- EVGA Z370 Classified K (Intel Z370) Motherboard Review
- GIGABYTE Z370 Aorus Ultra Gaming WIFI-OP Motherboard Review
- Buy (30) Apple iPhone X $8,970 (Buy on our www .BizFests.com)
- Boot sequence, BIOS setting question
- Road Redemption Coming This Fall to PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch
- PROZE: a VR survival adventure announcement trailer
- Let's Ragnarok! Legend of Solgard Launches worldwide on Mobile
- Snail Games Soft Launches My Dino in Canada