Buffalo TeraStation 5600 WSS
The packaging for the TeraStation 5600 is similar to what we find with other enterprise solutions. Here we have a plain box with a label carrying capacity information along with branding.
Scope of delivery includes the setup guide, power cable, Ethernet cable, and Server 2012 R2 restore on a microSD card.
The TeraStation features a slightly glossy front panel with an LCD at the top. Buttons to the right allow you to cycle through options on the screen.
Opening the front panel, we find all the drive trays numbered with adjacent markings on the chassis itself. To the right, we have a VGA port for first time setup.
Internally, our unit housed six 2TB WD Green drives. These are the WD20EZRX variant with 64MB cache.
The back of the TeraStation has two 92mm fans to pull heat out of the unit. Over to the left, we find the I/O panel with dual gigabit LAN, USB 3.0, and USB 2.0.
The motherboard for the unit houses two PCIe slots for the backplane. Over to the right, we have the Intel Atom and chipset hiding under the black heat sink. The memory, found under the heat sink, looks like it may be upgradeable.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Bitcoin flashes past $19,000: could have $20K by Christmas
- Because science: sperm used to deliver cancer drug to tumors
- Battlegrounds replay function tested ahead of v1.0 release
- Samsung's mid-range 2018 phones might feature 18:9 displays
- Far Cry 5's new trailer drops, shows off 'The Resistance'
- Patriot Viper V570 Blackout Gaming Mouse Review
- Cougar Puri TKL Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- OWC Mercury Helios 3 Thunderbolt 3 Enclosure Review
- Mionix Wei Ice Cream Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Unable to use all 3 M.2's for RAID 0
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series