Coming from a keyboard with Cherry MX green switches, and the caps backed with washers, we didn't notice right away that there isn't that hard impact when you mash on these Kailh switches. After a bit of a discussion on this and activating an individual switch a few times very slowly, we find that this is all intentional. Most mechanical switches have free travel. After which, you reach the activation of the switch, but most switches stop there and allow the caps to clack against the steel plate under the keys, sometimes even resonating, but always felt in the tips of your fingers, especially as a typist rather than a gamer.
These switches, however, have the same two travel sections for the switches, but there is a third stage of sorts. There is a bit more resistance after the activation point, and the switches actually bottom out inside of their individual boxes, rather than allowing the caps to clack away on the steel. It almost gives the feel of a soft O-ring kit, but you don't lose any of that audible "click," the reason why most people opt for these switches over others in the first place.
Beyond that amazing attention to detail, we saw inside the same level of detail carried on throughout the keyboard. Even when using a more economical solution like new switches, and not overpowering the USB controller, Thermaltake is still able to pass on an excellent deal to their customers. Yes, there are quite a few things that this design lacks that a lot of the "gamer" style keyboards offer today, but what is offered is done to the best of their ability.
One of the best features we ran into with this keyboard is the five-year warranty; when other keyboards are starting to show issues in two to three years, the Poseidon Z is still backed as it carries a five-year warranty.
It may not have all the bells and whistles that we have seen in other mechanical keyboards, but not everyone is looking for all of that to begin with. Sometimes finding a keyboard with some basic additional functionality is all you need, and with the flood of everyone shoving profiles, macros, software, and even a bunch of extra goodies that you have to find room for and will inevitably loose anyway, is nice to get back to what is truly necessary to game and write on.
For what the Thermaltake Tt eSPORTS Poseidon Z offers in illumination, and the excellence in the feel of these blue switches, for well under $100, there just really isn't a way you can go wrong buying one of your very own to enjoy using for some time to come.
PRICING: You can find the Thermaltake Tt eSPORTS Poseidon Z for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing but can change at any time. Click the link to see the very latest pricing for the best deal.
United States: The Thermaltake Tt eSPORTS Poseidon Z retails for $79.98 at Amazon.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- The Division movie secures John Wick, Deadpool 2 director
- Microsoft seeks engineers for next-gen Xbox, teases GDDR6
- Fortnite developer: no rush to make new Battle Royale maps
- Serious Sam 4: Planet Badass announced, full reveal at E3
- AMD Ryzen 7 2700X overclocked to 6GHz with LN2 cooling
- Can I install a Soundblaster THX TruStudio Pro Snd Crd in my GA-170X-Gaming 7 MoBo?
- AMD Ryzen 7 2700X and Ryzen 5 2600X Review
- FSP CMT510 RGB Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- I'm need help from GA-X79S-UP5-WIFI
- Investigation: m.2 Heatsinks, are they worth it?
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit