Case Build and Finished Product
The bezel... what a PITA this is. To remove it, find a flat head screwdriver to put on the clips inside of the chassis. Then, find your favorite hammer and give them a solid whack or three, and the bezel should pop free. We also found that all the switch and LED wiring is attached to the bezel, so keep that in mind.
Once we were done, we snapped the bezel back onto the chassis, and we do like that this chassis has the stealth covers. This way no matter what drives are installed, they don't have to be seen, and if they do, XFX took steps to keep the sides of those devices in line with the rest of the front bezel design.
Inside, we couldn't help but to continue the red and black theme with what parts we had on hand. This also shows that the wiring hides well, and even with the bright color of the wires, it looks damn good inside of this chassis with those unique grommets in play as well.
Not much fuss to snapping in the dust shield or with the PSU mounting. We did, however, need to flex the back of the chassis quite a bit to get the thumbscrews back into the chassis to support our video card.
With sleeved cable adapters comes big connections, and even with the limited amount of room provided compared to some others, we were able to sneak by with what we have here, and we were still able to get the panel back on with very little issue.
Something to consider, and something we had never even thought of, since the back panel is also ventilated like the left side is, you may have a slight view of the wiring to look at; otherwise, be sure to move it out of the way for a cleaner view or the addition of 15mm thick 120mm fans.
With the panels back on, all we are waiting for is the power to be added and to get to the thermal and audio testing. What we are left with at this point is just like what we saw out of the box, and for a chassis without a true window, it does have an appeal that is tough to deny this design.
Once the chassis receives power and the button is pressed, the LED in the center of that button becomes illuminated with a white LED. In the plastic strip just below is an HDD activity light, and one band below that is the reset button for this chassis. When tested, the Bravo Type 01 only hit 29 dB on our meter.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [XFX Bravo Type 01 Mid-Tower Chassis]
- Page 4 [Inside the Bravo Type 01]
- Page 5 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 6 [Case Build and Finished Product]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Final Fantasy XIV's new expansion is called Shadowbringers
- Cliffy B is done making games
- Devil May Cry TV show coming to Netflix
- Sony skips E3 2019 for PlayStation-centric showcase
- Take home The Crown in our Blu-ray giveaway!
- Z77-D3H MB and bizzare boot issue
- HyperX Gaming microSD 128GB Review
- FS:[20Pieces] Apple iPhone XR.Xs.Xs Max 64/256/512GB.$8,980
- Vital Progenix
- ASUS PRIME B450M-A/CSM AM4 with AMD RYZEN 5 2600 CPU will only boot Windows after reset
- Kolumno is now available on PC, mobile and Smart TVs
- Wolfalone Studio announces Darwin's Test!
- World's Top PUBG MOBILE Players Head to Dubai For PUBG MOBILE 'STAR CHALLENGE' Global Finals, Tickets On Sale NowWorld's Top PUBG MOBILE Players Head to Dubai For PUBG MOBILE 'STAR CHALLENGE' Global Finals, Tickets On Sale Now
- Nexon Secures Global Publishing Rights For Pokelabo, Square Enix-Developed SinoAlice
- Makeblock Announces Educational Partnership with Gratnells Storage Solutions