Build and Finished Product
The mounting screws were installed as per the instructions by sliding a nylon washer on the screw and passing it through the motherboard. Aside from having to keep the wrench in the end of these screws, all the rest of the mounting is done up top.
We added thermal paste to the CPU and set the block on top of it with the Intel steel bracket lying on the rim of the CPU block. On each screw, you drop a nylon washer down it and screw down the nuts to lock them to the motherboard. Then, set the block down, add a steel washer, the spring, and tighten the thumbscrews in an X pattern.
Before we put the motherboard back into the D-Frame, we did add the compression fittings to make life a little easier as we contemplate how to install this loop into this chassis.
We went with a top mounted radiator position, which actually ends up being run as if it were hung off the back of a chassis as well as being laid on its side. This was just the best place with access to the fittings and the fill port on the UT60.
Since the D-Frame lacks a dual 5.25-inch bay, we made it fit where the HDDs should go by strapping it to the fan frame and adding some foam to isolate the pump from making things rattle down there. We also added a pair of ninety-degree fittings to the back of the reservoir to make life easy with the tubing runs.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Alphacool NexXxoS XP3 Light - Acetal Edition CPU Water Block]
- Page 4 [VPP655 and Repack Single Laing D5 - Dual 5.25" Bay Station]
- Page 5 [NexXoS UT60 Full Copper 240mm Radiator]
- Page 6 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 7 [Build and Finished Product]
- Page 8 [Test System Setup, Thermal Tests and Noise Results]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- PUBG rated on the PS4 in Korea, PlayStation 4 release soon?
- Nintendo Switch Online rolled out, firmware 6.0.0 goes live
- Ghost Recon Wildlands: major sales/free from Sept. 20 - 23rd
- Dead by Daylight: 5 million units/free-to-play this weekend
- Nintendo announces Fortnite themed Switch console bundle
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Review: No Seriously, Just Buy It
- can not find WIIFI driver
- Qsan XN3002T Two-Bay NAS Review
- Can't connect to the media server on my AC68U
- Need help with my asus rp-AC68U
- All-New Goal Zero Sherpa 100AC Power Pack Available Now
- HIIT Me Baby One More Time: Daily Burn Releases Fat and Calorie Burning App
- Silver Dollar Games Announces One Finger Death Punch 2
- Full Steam Ahead For New Star Manager
- TwelveSky2: The Limitless OBT announcement