VPP655 and Repack Single Laing D5 - Dual 5.25" Bay Station
The set also includes the VPP655T- Solo pump. This is just like any other 655 variable speed pump, just it has no top on it. It requires a Molex connection for power and offers a fan lead for RPM sensing. This pump will push 396 gallons/hour through it at 12V and offers 12 feet of head pressure.
Flipping over the VPP655, again it is just like any other version where the impeller is wide and stout, and the natural metal surface is where the O-ring will seal the pump into the reservoir.
The Repack Bay Station also carries that copper theme with the OCOOL logo and copper fill port at the top. This dual-bay acrylic reservoir also offers a black face plate to match most cases, and even has a fill meter on the right side of it.
The view from the side really shows the thickness of the sections that got glued together to make this beast of a reservoir. Also, both sides offer four tapped holes to allow for easy mounting in 5.25-inch bays.
The back offers a thick ring that will secure the pump to the reservoir with eight screws to be sure it is very secure and water tight. As for the G1/4" threaded holes at the right, the top one is the outlet, and the lower hole is to return coolant to the reservoir.
The reservoir came with the O-ring already in place, so keep the one that came with the pump just in case. After about two or three minutes, we had the VPP655 and this Bay Station as one cohesive unit and ready to be installed…well, almost.
Back to that fill port. Behind the screw head is a copper tube that passes through the front acrylic and has a pair of o-rings to keep it water tight, even when opened. The hole in the copper pipe allows this to be easily filled or refilled, where most bay reservoirs will need to be slid out to access a port on the top.
They even send along an Allen wrench and a set of eight screws to mount the reservoir into the chassis. No sense in cracking it or stripping out the holes trying to fit whatever hardware you may have sitting around.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Alphacool NexXxoS XP3 Light - Acetal Edition CPU Water Block]
- Page 4 [VPP655 and Repack Single Laing D5 - Dual 5.25" Bay Station]
- Page 5 [NexXoS UT60 Full Copper 240mm Radiator]
- Page 6 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 7 [Build and Finished Product]
- Page 8 [Test System Setup, Thermal Tests and Noise Results]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo shows off most downloaded eShop games
- Battlefield 1: Apocalypse DLC details aerial dogfights
- Nintendo Switch sells 1.5 million units last month
- Epic Games doubts the success of their own MOBA Paragon
- Age of Empires: Definitive Edition will release next month
- SuperData Analyst Interview on Call of Duty: WWII Success
- GIGABYTE Z370XP SLI (Intel Z370) Motherboard Review
- The GIGABYTE Z370N WIFI (Intel Z370) Motherboard Review
- noblechairs ICON Series Real Leather Gaming Chair Review
- GIGABYTE X299 Designare EX (Intel X299) Motherboard Review
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series