It has been quite a long time since I have seen a mouse and mat that paired so well together. Usually a company tries to make the combination and send along a mouse pad of some fashion, but Corsair seems to have stumbled upon an ancient secret or something, because gaming, surfing the web, or even detailed tasks like photo editing were a breeze and a real pleasure to have something in our hand that was great all around. Usually mice are sort of lopsided to one way or another; they may be great for fast twitch users, or it may be great at low-end, but when the DPI is cranked up, the sensor may walk across the screen.
None of that is present in the Raptor M45 and MM400 combo. If anything, I would have chosen a slightly wider version of the mat. The depth was fine for 1080p gaming, but it's just missing an inch or so to be able to get side to side at the lower-end of the DPI scale. Whatever the trick Corsair employed in this dynamic duo, it sure works.
The Raptor M45 is well equipped and offers top-of-the-line components as any gamer desires these days. Omron switches under the main pair of buttons are a must, but the bonus here is that the lifespan has been doubled from most other offerings. The Pixart sensor is something we have used before, and up to now, we have found no issues with its tracking or sensitivity; it just seems to track flawlessly out of the gate. The texture applied to the sides is great for what it intended for, and the smoother center soft touch covered section is nice as it lets the palm of your hand slide freely as you situate your hand to the mouse. If there is anything to pick on this mouse for, it would be the limitation of only red LED lighting, and that you have to drop a basic function of the mouse to have the Sniper button active. We would rather see a dedicated button.
Being able to grab this Raptor M45 for under $60 US dollars is a great price point for what you get in this mouse, no matter the mat it is used on. What does sting just a little bit is that to accompany the Raptor M45 and enjoy the experience we had most of the time using it, the near $30 price of the MM400 is a bit tough to swallow considering how small it is in size. For a few dollars more, you can increase the mat size, but thinking about a near $100 setup does make a lot of customers think hard about the expense.
While using the M45 on any surface is really enjoyable, once we added the MM400 under it, it was almost like we gained twenty percent more performance from the mouse; it is just a really solid combo and a tough act to beat.
PRICING: You can find the Corsair Raptor M45 for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing but can change at any time. Click the link to see the very latest pricing for the best deal.
United States: The Corsair Raptor M45 retails for $59.99 at Amazon.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging, Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 3 [Corsair Raptor M45 Optical Gaming Mouse]
- Page 4 [Inside the Raptor M45]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Bethesda pursues long-lasting relationship with Nintendo
- PUBG devs may be squeezed out of Battle Royale market
- Windows Store being re-branded as Microsoft Store
- Blizzard announces full Overwatch League teams
- NieR: Automata shipped and sold over 2 million copies
- Upgrading USB ports on top of case
- Areca ARC-8050T3 12-Bay Thunderbolt 3 RAID DAS Review
- GA-P67A-UD3P-B3 can't change multiplier past 38, can't change turbo ratio with i5 3570k
- TP-Link Archer C3150 Dual-Band Wireless Router Review
- Using Netgear wndr3700 as router extender problem
- AOC announces retail availability of AGON curved QHD gaming monitor
- Seasonic presents the PRIME Ultra power supplies
- EVGA announces GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 ELITE video card
- G.Skill releases AMD Ryzen-optimized Trident Z RGB DDR4 memory
- Hear the difference feel the beat of the DRUM