Inside the Raptor K40
As we tear into the K40, with the top section removed, we can now see the clear plastic sheets with the traces to send signals to the MCU and then onto the PC. Under the rubber dome layer and plastic sheets, there is a milky white layer of plastic; that is how each of the keys is provided with lighting.
Flipping the top section of the keyboard over and looking at things from the inside, we see that they have used tall clear plungers to make the contact and compress the rubber domes. Their length also helps the keys to stand tall on the top frame for a simpler look and, in our opinion, a much better feel of use for these keys.
Corsair chose to use the Freescale Mc9S08JM32 MCU. This offer dual 16-bit interfaces, runs at 48MHz, and to be blunt, this is way more MCU than this board really needs to get the features and programmability the K40 brings to the table.
With the Raptor K40 now all back together, we connected it up to run through a couple of things. The board boots with red LEDs illuminating the keys, Macros, profiles, and even the multimedia sections. The brightness is fair, but could be brighter, but we will get into that in just a moment.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo signals 3DS retirement, ignores it in presentation
- Switch digital revenue nearly doubles, software up 86%
- Death Stranding creator meets Robert De Niro at Tribeca 2019
- Mortal Kombat 11's Director says '$6440 story' is BULLSH*T
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate overtakes Wii U console sales
- ROG Zenith Extreme Alpha.....blocked mounting hole
- OWC 10Gbe Thunderbolt 3 Review
- did the old ivy bridge overclock issue on z68 boards ever get fixed?
- LED strip always on even after PC off?
- Netgear Orbi Pro Ceiling Review
- Carpe Diem! Imperator: Rome Available Now
- Garth Brooks Makes Mobile Game Debut in Words With Friends, Announces Final Pre-Order Window for The Legacy Collection
- Nexile releases new trailer for Jump King along with release date
- World War Z - The zombie apocalypse is frantic, frightening - and fun - in the World War Z Reaction Trailer!
- Focus Home Interactive Q4 2018 - 2019 Earnings!