If we get too many more of these high wattage units, I'm going to have to get a new photo booth. The box is insanely large, but thankfully Corsair keeps it relatively simple.
The back gives us a little bit of information along with a few graphs. This may be the first 1500W unit that we've seen that is silent at least at lower RPM. The fan stays off till 30 percent load or 25C, whichever comes first.
The other half gives some information about the Corsair Link software and the I/O specifications.
Sadly, this is all that there is on the box. There is nothing regarding cables or connectors, let alone cable length. The box is certainly large enough to give us that information up front, but I also highly doubt that anyone is going to spend $450 on a power supply without knowing what they are getting themselves into and will do some research to find out if it will give them what they need.
Inside the Box
Everything is safe and sound on the inside. Short of the UPS guy running over the box before throwing it on your porch (which we've had happen…), you'll know your shiny new power supply is in good condition.
Corsair gives the AX1500i a felt bag to protect it inside my room. I almost want to set this on the shelf beside the limited edition Crown Royal. I could see myself pulling both off the shelf to enjoy simultaneously on rare occasions.
It's big, and it is a power supply. It's a BFPSU without a doubt. The AX1500i is finished in a semi-gloss black finish.
Both sides of the AX1500i feature the same logo, with the opposite side being inverted.
Corsair may have been able to squeeze one more connector on the front, but I doubt it. Everything is clearly labeled, including the two connectors for use with the Link software. There is also a self-test button on the front that you can use before you fry your computer with a faulty unit.
There isn't anything special on the back of the unit other than the sticker that covers the C20 power connector. Many may think that the On/Off switch isn't heavy enough for this much power, but we'll cover that soon.
The bottom of the unit gives a nice perspective of the size of the power supply. It uses a 140mm fan to provide the cooling, and while a fan this size would normally cover most of the unit on a normal power supply, it only covers about two thirds of the AX1500i's bottom.
All of the cables for the AX1500i are of the flat ribbon type, including the 24-pin cable.
The only exception to this is the USB cable for the Corsair Link software on the right side. It appears to be nothing more than a regular USB cable with the large end cut off and terminated to attach to the USB header on the motherboard.
Corsair also includes a user manual, warranty card, Corsair Link information card, case badge, zip ties, mounting screws, and C19 Power cable. The manual does list the included cables and their lengths, but it is hard to read that when it is sealed inside the box.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Xbox One X consoles come with PUBG for limited time
- Call of Duty WWII reigns U.S. game sales charts
- Infinity Ward opens new studio in Poland
- Zelda director has 'lots of ideas' for new DLC, games
- Amazon re-list chromecast in hopes of peace with Google
- Patriot Viper V570 Blackout Gaming Mouse Review
- Cougar Puri TKL Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- OWC Mercury Helios 3 Thunderbolt 3 Enclosure Review
- Mionix Wei Ice Cream Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Unable to use all 3 M.2's for RAID 0
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series