HD Tune Pro - Sequential Performance
Version and / or Patch Used: 4.55
Starting off with all of the drives in a clean state we wear the drives down into a steady state. HD Tune in the first in our thirty-two benchmark regiment. Just like the engineering sample we tested last year, the Optima has very good sequential performance despite using just four channels. Optima isn't the fastest drive on this list but it's very close to the fastest and when it comes to price verses performance, it's in another league.
The sequential write speed across the span of the flash is lower than many of the other drives on the chart, but if you look at the average speeds and ignore the maximum speeds, the Optima is competitive with several popular drives on the market.
HD Tach - Sequential Write Performance after Random Writes
Version and / or Patch Used: 184.108.40.206
This is an area where the Optima shows why we've waited anxiously for this controller to hit the market. After a reasonable amount of random writes to the drive, the write performance stays level and doesn't lose its mind like some of the other new SSDs on the market using 128Gbit die flash.
This comes from the firmware and programming. Silicon Motion has something special in this controller, we just don't know what it is yet.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Detroit: Become Human gets gold mastered, demo coming soon
- Lootbox and skin trade to make $50 billion by 2022
- Yakuza devs making new IP for SEGA
- Dbrands Nintendo Switch skins guarantee no damage to device
- PowerColor teases Radeon RX Vega Nano prototype
- Legacy Mode
- Possible Router Issues
- ADATA Premier Memory Cards
- Can't complete BIOS recovery
- Sonnet eGFX Breakaway Puck RX570 Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit