PNY Optima 240GB SSD
PNY has a large online and retail presence so I wouldn't be surprised to see the Optima line at Best Buy or other retail stores. PNY put together a nice retail package that gives us enough details to take a second look.
Inside we found the drive and a 7mm to 9.5mm adapter bracket.
Here we get our first look at the actual drive... that only costs $89.99 right now. I'm still surprised by the price and excited because I suspect this will break new ground and be several people's first SSD.
The PNY Optima is a 7mm drive that ships with an adapter to 9.5mm if you need it.
Inside we found a form fitted case that acts as a cooling device for the flash, controller and DRAM.
There are sixteen Micron 20nm flash packages that use 128Gbit die, eight on each side of the PCB.
Our second look at the Silicon Motion 4-channel SSD controller and the NANYA DRAM buffer above the controller.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Radeon Vega Instinct: refreshed 7nm Vega 20 hits AMD labs
- Windows 10 Pro OEM CD-KEY Global, just $12.36 after code
- Amazon Prime price will increase to $119 in May
- Pokemon Switch RPG listed as 2018 or later
- Nintendo sold 15 million Switch consoles in FY2017
- Gigabyte P104-100 GPU Mining Card
- ASUS STRIX H370-I GAMING (Intel H370) Motherboard Review
- Issue with X299 Taichi No video through GTX 1080ti
- GIGABYTE X470 Aorus Gaming 7 WIFI Motherboard Review
- AsRock Z97 not picking up SATA drive
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit