PNY Optima 240GB SSD
PNY has a large online and retail presence so I wouldn't be surprised to see the Optima line at Best Buy or other retail stores. PNY put together a nice retail package that gives us enough details to take a second look.
Inside we found the drive and a 7mm to 9.5mm adapter bracket.
Here we get our first look at the actual drive... that only costs $89.99 right now. I'm still surprised by the price and excited because I suspect this will break new ground and be several people's first SSD.
The PNY Optima is a 7mm drive that ships with an adapter to 9.5mm if you need it.
Inside we found a form fitted case that acts as a cooling device for the flash, controller and DRAM.
There are sixteen Micron 20nm flash packages that use 128Gbit die, eight on each side of the PCB.
Our second look at the Silicon Motion 4-channel SSD controller and the NANYA DRAM buffer above the controller.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- ABZU will be taking a dive into the Nintendo Switch, Nov 29
- 'Fortuna' update brings Warframe new concurrent gamer high
- Game of the Year 2018 nominees: 6 games worth playing
- Insomniac release Spider-Man DLC 2 trailer 'Turf Wars'
- Nintendo Black Friday Sales: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe & More
- EML to PST Converter
- ASRock DeskMini 310 SFF PC Review
- Q87m-e/csm & ddr3 1600 ram
- Intel Core i9-9980XE Extreme Edition Review
- Convert MBOX File Format to PST Format
- 'Ring of Elysium' launches three-tier security system
- eZuce Vibe is Powered by Oracle Cloud and Now Available in the Oracle Cloud Marketplace
- GlobalSign Launches Global Partner Program to Advance Enterprise Growth
- ADAMA and Pessl Instruments Signed Agreement for Global Partnership
- TYAN Showcases HPC, Storage and Cloud Server Platforms