Close up with the ASUS GTX 780 ROG Poseidon Platinum 3GB OC
Taking a look at the cooler, you can see the typical Black and Red color scheme that is normally present with Republic Of Gamer products. As always, the color scheme looks great. Two large fans are sitting atop a massive heat sink that covers the card entirely. If you look at the last page, you can see that ASUS offers us a great break down of what exactly is going on with the cooler.
One of the big features of the card, though, is the support for the card to be placed into your water cooling loop. Across the top of the card, we've got two G1/4-inch threaded fittings that can be used in conjunction with a number of different barbs, which aren't included. With the correct barbs, though, you can then add piping to the card and easily have the GTX 780 ROG Poseidon Platinum 3GB OC in your water cooling loop.
As we take a spin around the rest of the card, there's nothing too unusual going on with the whole design. At the back of the card, you can see that power comes in the form of two power connectors; one is an 8-Pin PCIe connector, and the other is a 6-Pin PCIe connector.
Staying across the top and moving past the two threaded fittings, you can see our standard SLI connectors that give us the ability to run up to four cards in Quad SLI. One of the cool things is the fact that you're able to make use of water cooling and continue to have no issue with SLI.
Finishing off our look at the card, you can see the I/O side of things offers us two DVI ports; one is a DVI-D, while the other is a DVI-I. Alongside that, we've also got the standard HDMI and DisplayPort connectors to round things off. All in all, it's a very standard setup when it comes to the I/O department.
As the OC in the title suggests, the ASUS GTX 780 ROG Poseidon Platinum 3GB OC is an overclocked card. Looking below, you can see the main specifications of the card. As for the core, you can see that it comes in at 954MHz. It's then boosted even higher via NVIDIA's boost technology to an impressive 1006MHz, which is a big jump from the reference clocks that see the GTX 780 come in at 863MHz and the boost clock come in at 900MHz.
As for the 3GB of GDDR5, like so many companies often do, ASUS has chosen to leave that alone. Looking above, you can see that comes in at the standard 1502MHz clock, or 6008MHz QDR.
The core clock is impressive, though, and should bring with it some strong performance. So, with all that said and done, I think it's time we check out our test system before finding out just what kind of performance the ASUS GTX 780 ROG Poseidon Platinum 3GB OC can give us.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [Video Card Details and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup & FPS Numbers Explained]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 3DMark]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Unigine Heaven & Phantasy Star Online 2]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2 & Just Cause 2]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - F1 2012 & Metro Last Light]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Dirt Showdown & Nexuiz]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Sniper Elite V2 & Sleeping Dogs]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Hitman Absolution & Tomb Raider]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - BioShock Infinite & Battlefield 4]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 13 [Temperature & Sound Testing]
- Page 14 [Power Consumption Testing]
- Page 15 [Pricing, Availability, and Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Path of Exile 2019 roadmap detailed
- Microsoft calls Project xCloud its 'Netflix for games'
- Blizzard hiring 17 devs for new Diablo game
- Overkill's The Walking Dead delayed on PS4, Xbox One
- Ronda Rousey will voice Sonya Blade in Mortal Kombat XI
- Administrators and moderators
- Gigabyte ga-b75-d3v rev 1.0
- EX58-UD5 w/ RX580 GPU: unexpected system shutdown when monitor sleeps
- Choosing best drivers for Z97-A
- Western Digital Black SN750 SSD Review
- Ubisoft's Rainbow Six Siege Coming To Belong Gaming Arenas
- Sunless Skies Leaves Early Access
- Space Justice Now Available For iOS And Android Devices
- Forge an Epic Team of Heroes in Forged Fantasy, Now Available From Hothead Games
- Kingdom Hearts III 'Share Your Heart Out' Campaign Spreads Love Across Social Media