OCZ RevoDrive 350 SSD
OCZ has moved all of the products over to new unified graphics with the turquoise, white, and black theme.
The packaging does a good job of securing the drive for shipping.
A software disk is included. On the disk, you'll find the drivers and software utilities.
Here we get our first look at the actual RevoDrive 350. The cover is nearly identical to OCZ's Z-Drive 4500 and ZD-XL SQL Accelerator 1.5, both from the enterprise side. The lower right hand portion doubles as a heat sink for the VCA 2.0 controller. It's a full height, half depth card, but this size shouldn't be a problem for workstation users.
On the back, we see the four LSI SandForce SF-2281 controllers and half of the Toshiba 19nm flash.
To simplify things, OCZ slapped four 120GB drives together with a RAID controller with all of the power on the same board. I can almost hear the designers and engineers screaming, but as said, this is the simplified version.
While researching some of the other components, we learned that OCZ put some logic behind the power distribution.
Unlike the RevoDrive products before it, the new 350 doubled the bandwidth to the system. The 350 uses a PCIe 2.0 8-lane connector to the host.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction & Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 2 [OCZ RevoDrive 350 SSD]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and ATTO Baseline Performance]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Sequential Performance]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - AIDA64 Random Access Time]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Anvil Storage Utilities]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - CrystalDiskMark]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage (Data on Disk Testing)]
- Page 9 [PCMark 8 Consistency Test]
- Page 10 [PCMark 8 Consistency Test - Continued]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]