One of my biggest pet peeves is 3D printed holes that are not circular or accurate in size. I design a lot of parts that feature pre-formed holes for bolts, rods, and screws, and having to drill these out defeats the purpose of adding them into the model to begin with. I like to use the Nickel Calibration Circle and the Better Nickel Calibration models to test how accurate the printer can print a nickel-sized hole.
While both objects are similar, they each offer unique challenges as one prints a circular object, and the other prints a circular hole that is surrounded by a 90-degree angle and outer arch.
As you can see, the nickel fits nicely into the hole that was printed into the "Better Nickel Calibration" model, and I can confirm that it also fits into the circular print as well. In fact they fit so well that barely any pressure is needed to place the nickel into the hole, and it retains the nickel strong enough to not allow it to fall back out without similar pressure being applied.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Overview and Hardware Specifications]
- Page 2 [Unboxing and Photos]
- Page 3 [Setup and Use]
- Page 4 [Testing Methodology]
- Page 5 [Testing: Small Part Stress Test]
- Page 6 [Testing: Overhangs and Bridging]
- Page 7 [Testing: Sphere and Complex Surface Quality]
- Page 8 [Testing: Circle Accuracy]
- Page 9 [Testing: Complex Objects and Time]
- Page 10 [Heating Performance]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- MSI's new GeForce RTX 2080 Ti GAMING X TRIO teased
- Burnout Paradise Remastered debuts to PC August 21st
- Little Nightmares developers announce 1 million units sold
- Blizzard say Overwatch port to Switch is completely feasible
- Shadow of the Tomb Raider weapons revealed through trailer
- Fnatic Flick 2 Optical Gaming Mouse Review
- Buy (3) Apple iPhone X $1.947 (Buy on our www .BizFests.com)
- Buy (3 Pieces) Apple iPhone X (A1865/A1901) New $1.947
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080: What We Know So Far
- Can't get RAM to run at rated speeds with XMP
- Road Redemption Coming This Fall to PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch
- PROZE: a VR survival adventure announcement trailer
- Let's Ragnarok! Legend of Solgard Launches worldwide on Mobile
- Snail Games Soft Launches My Dino in Canada