One of my biggest pet peeves is 3D printed holes that are not circular or accurate in size. I design a lot of parts that feature pre-formed holes for bolts, rods, and screws, and having to drill these out defeats the purpose of adding them into the model to begin with. I like to use the Nickel Calibration Circle and the Better Nickel Calibration models to test how accurate the printer can print a nickel-sized hole.
While both objects are similar, they each offer unique challenges as one prints a circular object, and the other prints a circular hole that is surrounded by a 90-degree angle and outer arch.
As you can see, the nickel fits nicely into the hole that was printed into the "Better Nickel Calibration" model, and I can confirm that it also fits into the circular print as well. In fact they fit so well that barely any pressure is needed to place the nickel into the hole, and it retains the nickel strong enough to not allow it to fall back out without similar pressure being applied.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Overview and Hardware Specifications]
- Page 2 [Unboxing and Photos]
- Page 3 [Setup and Use]
- Page 4 [Testing Methodology]
- Page 5 [Testing: Small Part Stress Test]
- Page 6 [Testing: Overhangs and Bridging]
- Page 7 [Testing: Sphere and Complex Surface Quality]
- Page 8 [Testing: Circle Accuracy]
- Page 9 [Testing: Complex Objects and Time]
- Page 10 [Heating Performance]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AMD appoints fresh blood to Radeon team
- Assassin's Creed Origins: DLC 'The Hidden Ones' trailer
- PUBG to ban over 100,000 cheaters in one single wave
- Google hires ex PlayStation and Xbox executive Phil Harrison
- Dragon Ball FighterZ gets launch trailer days before release
- Intel 760P 512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- Samsung 860 Pro 1TB SATA III SSD Review
- Z270-HD3 F8 bios and advanced frequency settings not available...
- Spectre Bios Updates
- Lian-Li PC-O11 WW Feedback and O11 Air Feedback
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top