Benchmarks - Random and Sequential Workloads
Our 4k Random read/write workload consists of sixteen threads, all at QD8; results are measured in IOPS (Input Output Operations per Second).
Our Sequential read/write workload is centered on 1MB transfer sizes, again using sixteen threads and a Queue Depth of 8.
In our first 4k random test with RAID 0, we find the EX2 competing quite well with previously tested solutions.
Moving to RAID 1, we find the EX2 coming in at 122 IOPS read and 512 IOPS write.
RAID 0 sequentials for the EX2 came in at 49 MB/s read and 51 MB/s write.
RAID 1 performance was close to what we found with RAID 0. Here we have 52 MB/s read and 40 MB/s write.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction & Pricing, Availability and Specifications]
- Page 2 [WD MyCloud EX2]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and NAS Management]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Single Client Throughput]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Random and Sequential Workloads]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Consumer Multi Client]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- NZXT announce their all-new H Series cases
- Why EA closed Visceral and recycled its Star Wars game
- Team Fortress 2 blends with Jurassic Park in new update
- Zelda: Breath of the Wild compared on Switch and PC @ 4K
- Qualcomm unveils its new Snapdragon 636 processor
- ASUS Battery Health Charging - windows 10 
- EK Fluid Gaming: Water-Cooled Gaming PC Build Guide
- Thecus® N2350 & N4350 the most affordable Home NAS series now available worldwide
- COLORFUL iGame GeForce GTX 1080 Vulcan X OC Review
- South Park: The Fractured But Hole Review
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard
- ASRock announces X299E-ITX/ac, world's first mini-ITX LGA2066 motherboard
- Noctua introduces chromax line fans, cables and heat sink covers
- G.SKILL Releases Fastest 32GB (4x8GB) Trident Z RGB Memory Kit at DDR4-4266MHz