This test emulates Database and On-Line Transaction Processing (OLTP) workloads. OLTP is the processing of transactions such as credit cards and high frequency trading in the financial sector. Databases are the bread and butter of many enterprise deployments. These demanding 8k random workloads with a 66 percent read and 33 percent write distribution bring even the best solutions down to earth.
The HGST Ultrastar SSD800MH averages an extremely consistent 61,599 IOPS, the Toshiba PX02SS averages 60,240 IOPS at 256 OIO, and the SSD800MM averages 52,630 IOPS. The superb consistency of the HGST SSDs is convincing in this workload.
The SSD800MH averages 6.28 watts, the Toshiba averages 6.44 watts, and the SSD800MM requires 5.87 watts.
The SSD800MH averages 9,753 IOPS-per-Watt, the PX02SS averages 9,075 IOPS-per-Watt, and the SSD800MM averages 8,670 IOPS-per-Watt.
The file server profile represents typical file server workloads. This profile tests a wide variety of different file sizes simultaneously, with an 80 percent read and 20 percent write distribution.
The HGST Ultrastar SSD800MH averages 45,289 IOPS, falling to the PX02SS' average of 55,288 IOPS. The SSD800MM averages 38,737 at 256 OIO.
The SSD800MH averages 7.69 watts, the PX02SS requires 6.40 watts during the fileserver workload, and the SSD800MM pulls 5.26 watts.
The Toshiba PX02SS leads this test easily with an impressive 8,693 IOPS-per-Watt, compared to 5,874 for the SSD800MH and 6,502 for the HGST SSD800MM.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [HGST SSD800MH Internals and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Test System and Methodology]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 4k Random Read/Write]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - 8k Random Read/Write]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - 128k Sequential Read/Write]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Database/OLTP and File Server]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Email Server]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- SCDKey celebrates Black Friday with cheap OS/game keys
- Playground Games discusses benefits of Microsoft ownership
- Nintendo has no immediate plans for N64 mini
- Telltale begins dismantling business and liquidating assets
- THQ Nordic has 35 unannounced projects in development
- Asus 2-in-1 Q524UQ
- AMD Radeon RX 590 Review: The Refresh Of A Refresh Is Here
- Gigabyte Psu buzzing?
- Netgear Insight Business Storage and Networking Management
- EML to PST Converter
- Makeblock Announces Educational Partnership with Gratnells Storage Solutions
- Lex Machina Expands Employment Litigation Analytics with Launch of ERISA Module
- L'Oreal Launches La Roche-Posay My Skin Track UV--The First Battery-Free Wearable Sun Safety Sensor
- Drobo Launches High Performance 8D to Transform Storage Workflows
- CORSAIR Announces Support for Xbox One