128k Sequential Read/Write
128k sequential speed reflects the maximum sequential throughput of the SSD. The HGST Ultrastar SSD800MH is in its own league with the highest sequential read speed we have recorded from a single 2.5-inch SSD. It came in at 1,243 MiB/s. The Toshiba PX02SS goes toe-to-toe with the HGST SSD800MM in sequential read speed, with both delivering an average of 1,040 MiB/s and 1,056 MiB/s, respectively.
All three SSDs are very consistent, but the SSD800MH provides the lowest overall latency.
The SSD800MH sets another record with a sustained speed of 779 MiB/s, and the SSD800MM averages 702 MiB/s. The PX02SS scores slightly over its rated speed at 417 MiB/s. It is important to note that the PX02SS is not designed with sequential workloads in mind; its specification for sequential write is 410 MiB/s.
The SSD800MH takes the lead in the 128k mixed workload test.
The SSD800MH averages 9.87 watts, the PX02SS averages 6.08 watts and the SSD800MM requires 8.68 watts for the sequential write workload.
The SSD800MH averages 78.4 MiB/s-per-Watt, the PX02SS averages 88 MiB/s-per-Watt, and the SSD800MM provides 80 MiB/s-per-Watt.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [HGST SSD800MH Internals and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Test System and Methodology]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 4k Random Read/Write]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - 8k Random Read/Write]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - 128k Sequential Read/Write]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Database/OLTP and File Server]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Email Server]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- EKWB release RGB monoblock for ASUS X399 motherboards
- Cooler Master introduces MasterWatt power supply series
- Microsoft Windows 10 Fall Creators Update available now
- Battlegrounds inspires VR-style 'PUBG' game
- KFA2's new GeForce GTX 1070 Ti EX graphics card teased
- GTX 1080 Ti 11GB - SLI or NOT !?
- GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS Gaming 7 Motherboard Review
- AORUS X9 (Kaby Lake) Gaming Laptop Review
- ASUS ROG Strix Vega 64 Unboxed: The First Custom RX Vega
- Replacement AC adapter for RT-AC88U
- Introducing the CYBERPOWERPC Crystal Gaming Series Powered By CORSAIR
- COLORFUL Officially Releases iGame Z370 Vulcan X Motherboard in South Korea
- G.SKILL Releases DDR4-3800MHz 32GB (4x8GB) SO-DIMM Memory Kit for Mini-ITX Motherboards
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard