8k Random Read/Write
Server workloads rely heavily upon 8k performance, and we include this as a standard with each evaluation. Many of our server emulations also test 8k performance with various mixed read/write workloads.
The average 8k random read speed of the HGST Ultrastar SSD800MH is 91,661 IOPS at 256 OIO; the Toshiba PX02SS measures an outstanding 100,277 IOPS at 256 OIO to take the lead, while the SSD800MM offers up 91,622 IOPS.
All three SSDs exhibit a tight latency range during the 8k random read test, but the Toshiba PX02SS provides the lowest latency.
The SSD800MH easily leads with an average of 52,180 IOPS; the PX02SS experiences significant variability while managing an average of 29,714 IOPS; and the SSD800MM sports a consistent average of 32,878 IOPS at 256 OIO.
The Toshiba SSD experiences significant latency variability.
The PX02SS also has an affinity for 8k workloads, but the SSD800MH also excels at this workload. The PX02SS wins with lighter write workloads, from 0-30 percent, but falls to the incredible consistency of the SSD800MH from 40-100 percent as the write workload intensifies.
Power consumption for the SSD800MH averages 8.48 watts, the PX02SS averages 5.84 watts during the measurement window, and the SSD800MM requires 7.60 watts.
The SSD800MH leads this chart with 6,036 IOPS-per-Watt; the PX02SS's variability shows up in the efficiency results, but it still averages 5,103 IOPS-per-Watt, and the SSD800MM measures 4,159 IOPS-per-Watt.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [HGST SSD800MH Internals and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Test System and Methodology]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 4k Random Read/Write]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - 8k Random Read/Write]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - 128k Sequential Read/Write]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Database/OLTP and File Server]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Email Server]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Russia send gunslinging robot to pilot spacecraft into orbit
- Intel CPUs have serious bug: vulnerable to remote attacks
- AMD's next drivers will include OSD performance monitoring
- HP's new server rocks AMD EPYC CPUs, already breaks records
- PowerColor RX Vega 64 Red Devil: factory overclocked Vega
- Outstanding Design and Performance - Deep Look into New MSI GE63VR 7RF Raider
- Mean:It 5PM ARC Blue Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Intel 15.X series Raid Rom compatible with X99??
- Intel Optane SSD 900P 280GB & 480GB AIC NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- p8z77-v Deluxe won't boot after new install of Win 10
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series
- ASUS Republic of Gamers Announces Swift PG27VQ