8k Random Read/Write
Server workloads rely heavily upon 8k performance, and we include this as a standard with each evaluation. Many of our server emulations also test 8k performance with various mixed read/write workloads.
The average 8k random read speed of the HGST Ultrastar SSD800MH is 91,661 IOPS at 256 OIO; the Toshiba PX02SS measures an outstanding 100,277 IOPS at 256 OIO to take the lead, while the SSD800MM offers up 91,622 IOPS.
All three SSDs exhibit a tight latency range during the 8k random read test, but the Toshiba PX02SS provides the lowest latency.
The SSD800MH easily leads with an average of 52,180 IOPS; the PX02SS experiences significant variability while managing an average of 29,714 IOPS; and the SSD800MM sports a consistent average of 32,878 IOPS at 256 OIO.
The Toshiba SSD experiences significant latency variability.
The PX02SS also has an affinity for 8k workloads, but the SSD800MH also excels at this workload. The PX02SS wins with lighter write workloads, from 0-30 percent, but falls to the incredible consistency of the SSD800MH from 40-100 percent as the write workload intensifies.
Power consumption for the SSD800MH averages 8.48 watts, the PX02SS averages 5.84 watts during the measurement window, and the SSD800MM requires 7.60 watts.
The SSD800MH leads this chart with 6,036 IOPS-per-Watt; the PX02SS's variability shows up in the efficiency results, but it still averages 5,103 IOPS-per-Watt, and the SSD800MM measures 4,159 IOPS-per-Watt.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [HGST SSD800MH Internals and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Test System and Methodology]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 4k Random Read/Write]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - 8k Random Read/Write]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - 128k Sequential Read/Write]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Database/OLTP and File Server]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Email Server]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Dad/Toddler infiltrate prize machine, steals Nintendo Switch
- Mono Studio release launch trailer for INSOMNIA: The Ark
- My Nintendo Gold Points can be used for Switch Online plans
- Amazon's MMO title 'New World' gets batch of screenshots
- Smash Bros. Ultimate recent leak: Incineroar/Ken/Minecraft
- Can't connect to the media server on my AC68U
- Need help with my asus rp-AC68U
- x299 Taichi XE vs Formula OC usb controllers 2 or 3?
- CalDigit T4 RAID Thunderbolt 3 Review
- How to overclock voltage on an Z170-HD3-CF?
- Psyonix And Hot Wheels Reveal New Rocket League DLC
- Pirate Island Rescue released on Steam
- Celebrated crime caper The Swindle slinks onto Nintendo Switch this October
- Tricky Towers coming to Nintendo Switch!
- Beat Hazard 2 is now in Beta and will be heading for Steam Early Access in October.