From 2002 to about 2007, I don't think I knew anyone that didn't use a WRT54G router from Linksys; the classic design concept that lived previously on the 802.11b routers was transitioned over to the 802.11g router, and one of the most stable wireless platforms was born. Since then, things have changed. Cisco dumped Linksys, and the company was picked up rather quickly by Belkin and has since been reborn into a company going back to its roots.
Nowhere is this roll back more prominent than in the product we are looking at today, the WRT1900AC. This new wireless networking solution from Linksys is the company's top-tier offering for those that want the ultimate in terms of stability, performance, and range.
Features of this high performance router include a 1.2GHz dual-core ARM based processor with 256MB of DDR3 memory complimenting the 128MB of flash Linksys has put onboard. Dual band capabilities of 600Mbps on the 2.4GHz band and 1.3Gbps on the 5GHz band are complimented by the four antennas placed on the unit to provide diversity, where the router will use the three best antenna signal rates to transmit and receive data.
Read on and let's see how it performs.
Pricing, Availability and Specifications
MSRP of the Linksys WRT1900AC wireless router is listed at $279.99 with a one-year warranty. Availability of the router is slim at this point, but you may be able to find it at several stores in the USA.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Get schooled for our 'Night School' Blu-ray giveaway!
- Win a Blu-ray copy of the film on us!
- Aim for the stars in our 'First Man' Blu-ray giveaway!
- Metro Exodus' story reacts to your decisions
- Visceral's Star Wars game was basically Star Wars Uncharted
- Can't connect to my Wifi network
- Need advice and build help
- Gigabyte ga-b75-d3v rev 1.0
- EX58-UD5 w/ RX580 GPU: unexpected system shutdown when monitor sleeps
- Choosing best drivers for Z97-A
- Ubisoft's Rainbow Six Siege Coming To Belong Gaming Arenas
- Sunless Skies Leaves Early Access
- Space Justice Now Available For iOS And Android Devices
- Forge an Epic Team of Heroes in Forged Fantasy, Now Available From Hothead Games
- Kingdom Hearts III 'Share Your Heart Out' Campaign Spreads Love Across Social Media