Total Access Time
The access time test measures the total latency across all 18 tests. This is one of the, if not the most, important tests we run at this time for consumer SSDs. When your latency is low, your computer feels fast; it's just that simple.
We talk about latency quite a bit and have a new test in the works now that shows read and write latency over a period in real-time. Until that test is ready, we have to rely on PCMark 8's access time results. This is the total read and write access time over the entire test. Lower is better for the user experience.
In the final test, we measure the amount of data written to the drive prior to the steady state test. The drive is under a constant random write load for 220 minutes. Overprovisioning helps quite a bit here as it allows the drive room to keep some flash clean and ready.
The M6S 256GB is in the middle of the pack of products we've already ran this test on. The write performance drop we observed in HD Tach shows in this test as the write performance drops under heavy workloads.
Last updated: Apr 7, 2020 at 12:32 pm CDT
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.co.uk
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com.au
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.ca
Deutschland: Finde andere Technik- und Computerprodukte wie dieses auf Amazon.de
- Page 1 [Introduction & Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 2 [Plextor M6S 256GB SSD]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and ATTO Baseline Performance]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Sequential Performance]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Anvil Storage Utilities]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage (Drives with Data Testing)]
- Page 7 [PCMark 8 Consistency Test]
- Page 8 [PCMark 8 Consistency Test - Continued]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - DiskBench]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Power Testing & Final Thoughts]