HD Tune Pro - Sequential Performance
Version and / or Patch Used: 4.55
For a 4-channel controller, the Plextor M6S performs very well. In HD Tune Pro, the 64KB sequential read averaged 450 MB/s, and the performance stays steady when reading the data.
The single pass 64KB sequential write speed averaged 354 MB/s, but this is on a fresh drive.
HD Tach - Sequential Write Performance after Random Writes
Version and / or Patch Used: 220.127.116.11
Things change a bit after a reasonable amount of random writes to the drive. HD Tach uses 128KB for the sequential read and write test. Here we see the reads holding strong near 425 MB/s, but the sequential writes drop halfway through the test. There are also two reverse spikes in the test, one getting as low as 20 MB/s. The second half of the test shows a large reduction in sequential write performance similar to what we see on Toshiba and OCZ branded SSDs.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction & Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 2 [Plextor M6S 256GB SSD]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and ATTO Baseline Performance]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Sequential Performance]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Anvil Storage Utilities]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage (Drives with Data Testing)]
- Page 7 [PCMark 8 Consistency Test]
- Page 8 [PCMark 8 Consistency Test - Continued]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - DiskBench]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Power Testing & Final Thoughts]