HD Tune Pro - Sequential Performance
Version and / or Patch Used: 4.55
For a 4-channel controller, the Plextor M6S performs very well. In HD Tune Pro, the 64KB sequential read averaged 450 MB/s, and the performance stays steady when reading the data.
The single pass 64KB sequential write speed averaged 354 MB/s, but this is on a fresh drive.
HD Tach - Sequential Write Performance after Random Writes
Version and / or Patch Used: 188.8.131.52
Things change a bit after a reasonable amount of random writes to the drive. HD Tach uses 128KB for the sequential read and write test. Here we see the reads holding strong near 425 MB/s, but the sequential writes drop halfway through the test. There are also two reverse spikes in the test, one getting as low as 20 MB/s. The second half of the test shows a large reduction in sequential write performance similar to what we see on Toshiba and OCZ branded SSDs.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo Switch refresh rumor: new NVIDIA Tegra SoC, 8GB RAM
- God of War TV commercial trailer builds next months hype
- PUBG released on iOS and Android in the US
- NVIDIA teases 'future generation GPU architectures' at GDC
- Kingdome Come: Deliverance mod brings 'Ultimate Realism'
- Buy 5 Pieces Apple iPhone X 64GB New Unlocked $4,245
- NZXT H700i Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- TRENDnet Four Channel DVR Kit Review
- Asus G75 won't boot
- ROG G75 won't boot bios
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit