Plextor M6S 256GB SSD
With the M6e and now the M6S, it looks like Plextor is tuning its image with new product packaging colors and designs.
Inside, we found that the M6S is slim on accessories. We found the drive and instruction manual.
Here we get our first look at the actual drive.
The serial, model, and part numbers are all on the back of the drive.
The M6S is a 2.5-inch, 7mm z-height design, so it will fit in your ultra slim Ultrabook.
All of the components are on this side of the PCB. We only have the 256GB model on hand, so we can't speak about the layout on the 128GB or the 512GB drives. The 256GB M6S uses eight Toshiba TSOP Toggle NAND flash packages and a single DRAM package.
The controller is new from Marvell, and this is the first time we've tested it. The model number is SS889188, and Plextor uses it on both the M6S and M6M, an mSATA variant.
Plextor used DDR3 running at 800MHz (1600HMz effective) for the buffer. The package uses just 1.35 volts on the sample we received with Micron DRAM. A picture surfaced online in Asia with an SK Hynix DRAM package, so Plextor may interchange the components.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.co.uk
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com.au
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.ca
Deutschland: Finde andere Technik- und Computerprodukte wie dieses auf Amazon.de
- Page 1 [Introduction & Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 2 [Plextor M6S 256GB SSD]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and ATTO Baseline Performance]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Sequential Performance]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Anvil Storage Utilities]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage (Drives with Data Testing)]
- Page 7 [PCMark 8 Consistency Test]
- Page 8 [PCMark 8 Consistency Test - Continued]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - DiskBench]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Power Testing & Final Thoughts]