Plextor M6S 256GB SSD
With the M6e and now the M6S, it looks like Plextor is tuning its image with new product packaging colors and designs.
Inside, we found that the M6S is slim on accessories. We found the drive and instruction manual.
Here we get our first look at the actual drive.
The serial, model, and part numbers are all on the back of the drive.
The M6S is a 2.5-inch, 7mm z-height design, so it will fit in your ultra slim Ultrabook.
All of the components are on this side of the PCB. We only have the 256GB model on hand, so we can't speak about the layout on the 128GB or the 512GB drives. The 256GB M6S uses eight Toshiba TSOP Toggle NAND flash packages and a single DRAM package.
The controller is new from Marvell, and this is the first time we've tested it. The model number is SS889188, and Plextor uses it on both the M6S and M6M, an mSATA variant.
Plextor used DDR3 running at 800MHz (1600HMz effective) for the buffer. The package uses just 1.35 volts on the sample we received with Micron DRAM. A picture surfaced online in Asia with an SK Hynix DRAM package, so Plextor may interchange the components.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Opera is the first browser with a built-in crypto wallet
- Samsung announces 8Gb LPDDR5, ready for the world of 5G/AI
- Why Atari VCS doesn't use Ryzen APU
- Atari VCS upgraded to 8GB of unified memory
- Inland Professional SATA III moves to 2nd place at Amazon
- Unlock Outlook PST Recovery Tool
- ASRock Z370 Extreme4 produces a high-frequency sound
- Thin, Light & Narrow Bezel, MSI GS65 Gaming NB Review
- iStorage diskashur DT2 12TB Review
- Z370 Aorus Gaming 5 rev 1.0
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit