HD Tune Pro - Sequential Performance
Version and / or Patch Used: 4.55
The highest we've achieved in the sequential read test was 480 MB/s from the SanDisk Extreme II. The bar is set there. The Crucial M550 256GB peaked at 455 MB/s in HD Tune Pro's 64KB sequential read test. Although not the fastest, it's still very high and the average performance of 454.4 MB/s is in line with several other drives on the chart.
The write test on the M550 256GB shows the drive slowing to an average just under 330 MB/s. In the next test, we'll see why the maximum sequential performance is so high but the average and minimum is so much lower.
HD Tach - Sequential Write Performance after Random Writes
Version and / or Patch Used: 22.214.171.124
Here we see the Crucial M550 256GB's sequential performance after a light hit of random writes. The drive drops considerably after subjected to random writes. We see this quite often with newer SSDs but rarely to this extent.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Take a trip with 'Paddington' in our Blu-ray giveaway
- Survive a 'Murder on the Orient Express' in our Blu-ray give
- War Thunder on Xbox One X will hit 60FPS later this year
- AMD Ryzen 7 2700X benched: whips ass against Ryzen 7 1700X
- ASUS ROG X470-F STRIX motherboard tease, ready for new Ryzen
- 20 Pieces Galaxy S9+256GB Site www.BizFests.com $11,740
- Asus G75 won't boot
- ROG G75 won't boot bios
- I guess as with most other forums this place is also a ghostown of bots
- CalDigit AV Pro 2 USB-C Storage Hub 3TB Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit