As soon as I pulled the MSI GTX 760 2GB MINI-ITX Gaming OC out of the box, I could feel the weight behind the card. It felt like we were dealing with a really high quality cooler. You can see the Hybrid Radial/Axial fan setup here, which is designed to continue to be quiet and still keep the card cool while also being thin.
The reason it needs to be thin is because of the massive heat sink that MSI uses to cool the card. It takes up the entire PCB and, as you can see, has a huge amount of fins along with a copper heat pipe setup. All this metal makes for a sturdy cooler that looks and feels great. We just hope that the performance of the cooler is as good as the look. Outside of the cooler, though, we've got a great looking shroud with the dragon clearly seen on the left side.
Taking a look around the card, you can see power comes in the form of a single 8-Pin PCIe power connector. This is, of course, different to the standard dual 6-Pin PCIe connector setup that reference design cards follow. Of course, to shrink the card down, MSI had to save room in places. Above, you can see this was one of the areas. In the first image, you can also see another angle of the awesome heat sink design that MSI has going on.
Heading to the front of the card, you can see that MSI has chosen to include both SLI connectors giving us support for more than one of these cards. Considering the design behind the card is for Mini-ITX systems, we're not 100 percent sure if you'd bother with a multi card setup with this particular model. Still, the option is available if you want it.
Finishing up our look at the I/O side of things, I have to be honest that I thought MSI would skimp on the connectors. Looking above, though, you can see that MSI has got a really nice setup here with a Dual-Link DVI-I connector, HDMI Port, and two Mini DisplayPort connectors to round things off.
We love that MSI has also chosen to include a Mini-DP-to-DisplayPort connector in the bundle. There's nothing worse than buying a card like this for your DisplayPort monitor to get it and find out you can't plug your monitor in because you don't have a connector.
MSI really seemed to have checked a lot of boxes with the GTX 760 2GB MINI-ITX Gaming OC. Here's hoping that once we move forward and check out performance of the card the good feelings continue.
As we've mentioned a few times already, the particular GTX 760 2GB we're looking at carries with it an overclock as mentioned on the front of the box. Out of the box, a reference GTX 760 will see a 980MHz Core clock that is then Boosted to 1033MHz. As for the 2GB of GDDR5, that carries with it a clock speed of 6008MHz QDR.
Looking above, you can see that MSI has pushed the default core clock to 1033MHz, which is in line with the reference Boost clock. Thanks to Boost, though, the MSI GTX 760 2GB MINI-ITX Gaming OC is pushed to 1098MHz. As for the memory clock, in typical fashion of most companies, that's been left alone and remains at 6008MHz QDR.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [The Card and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 11]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - 3DMark Fire Strike]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Phantasy Star Online 2]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Just Cause 2]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - F1 2012]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Metro Last Light]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Dirt Showdown]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Nexuiz]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Sniper Elite V2]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - Sleeping Dogs]
- Page 16 [Benchmarks - Hitman Absolution]
- Page 17 [Benchmarks - Tomb Raider]
- Page 18 [Benchmarks - BioShock Infinite]
- Page 19 [Benchmarks - Battlefield 4]
- Page 20 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 21 [Temperature Test]
- Page 22 [Sound Test]
- Page 23 [Power Consumption Test]
- Page 24 [Pricing, Availability, and Final Thoughts]