Cougar does a relatively decent job when it comes to the connector availability and cable summary chart. There are certainly more modular connectors available than modular cables provided, so you can move cables around as needed to balance the load across the dual 12V rails.
Speaking of 12V rails, let's look at the dual 12V rail layout for the Cougar CMX V3 850W power supply. 12V1 consist of the 24-pin Main, the native PCIe cables, half of the modular PCIe connectors, and all of the connectors labeled for your peripherals. 12V2 takes care of the rest, providing power for the natively wired EPS12V connector along with the second half of the modular PCIe connectors.
A Look Inside
Inside is a clean layout with three large heat sinks and a few smaller ones to draw heat away from the unit. Cougar couldn't have gone much smaller on the unit as the PCB is packed and there isn't any space to spare.
A pair of Japanese manufactured Panasonic capacitors are found on the primary side of the unit.
The secondary side is filled with Teapo caps.
Cougar uses the Young Lin Tech DFB132512H fan to provide the active cooling in this power supply.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Peter Jackson could help Amazon's Lord Of The Rings TV show
- Stardew Valley on Switch receives Multiplayer Update Dec 12
- Smash Bros. Ultimate director discusses 3rd-party characters
- Smash Bros. UItimate is fastest-selling Switch game so far
- 90s hit 'Blood' is being remastered by Nightdive Studios
- AORUS LED i2c control?
- 1stPlayer Bullet Hunter MK6 Gaming Keyboard Review
- SteelSeries Arctis Pro Wireless Review
- Z390 ultra bios needs serious work
- This is about an Asus X541N laptop
- LSAC Announces Technology Collaboration with Microsoft
- Funcom announces new game: Conan Unconquered
- Darksiders III Accolades Trailer revealed
- Insurgency: Sandstorm's Open Beta begins today on Steam - experience intense, realistic combat!
- DiRT 4 Coming to macOS and Linux in 2019