Cougar does a relatively decent job when it comes to the connector availability and cable summary chart. There are certainly more modular connectors available than modular cables provided, so you can move cables around as needed to balance the load across the dual 12V rails.
Speaking of 12V rails, let's look at the dual 12V rail layout for the Cougar CMX V3 850W power supply. 12V1 consist of the 24-pin Main, the native PCIe cables, half of the modular PCIe connectors, and all of the connectors labeled for your peripherals. 12V2 takes care of the rest, providing power for the natively wired EPS12V connector along with the second half of the modular PCIe connectors.
A Look Inside
Inside is a clean layout with three large heat sinks and a few smaller ones to draw heat away from the unit. Cougar couldn't have gone much smaller on the unit as the PCB is packed and there isn't any space to spare.
A pair of Japanese manufactured Panasonic capacitors are found on the primary side of the unit.
The secondary side is filled with Teapo caps.
Cougar uses the Young Lin Tech DFB132512H fan to provide the active cooling in this power supply.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Microsoft Windows 10 Fall Creators Update available now
- Battlegrounds inspires VR-style 'PUBG' game
- KFA2's new GeForce GTX 1070 Ti EX graphics card teased
- ZOTAC unleashes GeForce GTX 1080 Ti ArcticStorm Mini
- Microsoft isn't supportive of Japanese games, says NIS
- GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS Gaming 7 Motherboard Review
- AORUS X9 (Kaby Lake) Gaming Laptop Review
- ASUS ROG Strix Vega 64 Unboxed: The First Custom RX Vega
- Replacement AC adapter for RT-AC88U
- Can't disable CPU SPECTRUM on a Z97-D3H
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard
- ASRock announces X299E-ITX/ac, world's first mini-ITX LGA2066 motherboard
- Noctua introduces chromax line fans, cables and heat sink covers
- G.SKILL Releases Fastest 32GB (4x8GB) Trident Z RGB Memory Kit at DDR4-4266MHz