HD Tach has been around for a long time and is excellent when it comes to testing hard drive performance. It is also a very handy program when it comes to testing the controller used on particular motherboards. Tests such as Read, CPU Utilization and Burst are available at a click of the button and give you a good idea of how the hard drive can perform from system to system.
To be sure we achieved accurate figures between the drives, we ran each of the following tests three times and averaged out the results.
Here we see the Raptor well and truly shine against the other two drives, showing us a 4.8ms advantage over the SATA Seagate drive, with the PATA drive trailing behind. Not too shabby at all!
In this case, we see some extreme results from the Raptor with a whopping read burst speed of just over 118MB/sec. That's a burst speed increase of more than 30MB/sec over the other drives.
Once again, we still see the Raptor clearly ahead of the 7,200 RPM Seagate's with its average read speed still being higher than the other drives maximum read speeds. You'll notice that the Seagate PATA's max read speed is slightly higher than the SATA drive, but otherwise falling behind.
All three drives in this test show superb results with very little CPU being used to push massive amounts of data. Understandably, the 10k Raptor brings more to the table in the way of overall performance so give a little take a little; this is why you see it eating up slightly more in the way of resources.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Sea of Thieves map will have 15 - 30 minute ship encounters
- Final Fantasy XV has PC-exclusive 'higher quality assets'
- Kingdom Come: Deliverance has been WATERED DOWN on the PC
- Microsoft does NOT block keyboard/mouse support on Xbox One
- Remedy's new game 'P7' expected for release in 2019
- Fitbit Ionic Smart Fitness Watch Review
- Noctua NH-L12S CPU Cooler Review
- MSI Z370 TOMAHAWK (Intel Z370) Motherboard Review
- Apricorn Aegis Fortress 128GB SSD Review
- Scythe Grand Kama Cross 3 CPU Cooler Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit