128k Sequential Read/Write
We write to every LBA on both drives to highlight performance degradation from the outer to inner tracks of both drives. The drives begin with much higher speed on the outer tracks, 180 MB/s for the HGST Ultrastar He6 and 171 MB/s for the 7K4000. As we move to the inner tracks, the He6 falls to a low average of 86 MB/s, and the 7K4000 falls to 93 MB/s. The 7K4000 finishes its pass over its 4TB in 7.5 hours, and the He6 requires 11.5 hours to write the entire 6TB of data.
128k sequential speed reflects the maximum sequential throughput of the HDD. The He6 takes the lead in sequential read activity with an average of 179 MB/s. The 7K4000 lags behind with an average of 172 MB/s.
The He6 provides lower latency across the board with sequential read activity.
The He6 maintains its lead in sequential workloads with an average of 179 MB/s compared to 172 MB/s from the 7K4000.
The He6 also handles mixed workloads well as it continues to best the 7K4000 in sequential speed measurements.
The He6 averages 7.46 watts, much lower than the 8.72-watt average from the 7K4000.
The He6 delivers a commanding lead in sequential workload efficiency.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [HGST Ultrastar He6 Internals and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Test System and Methodology]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 4k Random Read/Write]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - 8k Random Read/Write]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - 128k Sequential Read/Write]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Database/OLTP and File Server]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Email Server]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds will 'soon' get map selection
- Australian High Court REJECTS Valves appeal to $3M fine
- Skyrim Special Edition - 4K and 8K textures mods available
- God of War director reads reviews on video, shows true heart
- Witcher 3 mod allows Geralt to go full Benjamin Button
- Can't complete BIOS recovery
- Sonnet eGFX Breakaway Puck RX570 Review
- Akitio Thunder3 10G Network Adapter
- Can I install a Soundblaster THX TruStudio Pro Snd Crd in my GA-170X-Gaming 7 MoBo?
- AMD Ryzen 7 2700X and Ryzen 5 2600X Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit