128k Sequential Read/Write
We write to every LBA on both drives to highlight performance degradation from the outer to inner tracks of both drives. The drives begin with much higher speed on the outer tracks, 180 MB/s for the HGST Ultrastar He6 and 171 MB/s for the 7K4000. As we move to the inner tracks, the He6 falls to a low average of 86 MB/s, and the 7K4000 falls to 93 MB/s. The 7K4000 finishes its pass over its 4TB in 7.5 hours, and the He6 requires 11.5 hours to write the entire 6TB of data.
128k sequential speed reflects the maximum sequential throughput of the HDD. The He6 takes the lead in sequential read activity with an average of 179 MB/s. The 7K4000 lags behind with an average of 172 MB/s.
The He6 provides lower latency across the board with sequential read activity.
The He6 maintains its lead in sequential workloads with an average of 179 MB/s compared to 172 MB/s from the 7K4000.
The He6 also handles mixed workloads well as it continues to best the 7K4000 in sequential speed measurements.
The He6 averages 7.46 watts, much lower than the 8.72-watt average from the 7K4000.
The He6 delivers a commanding lead in sequential workload efficiency.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [HGST Ultrastar He6 Internals and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Test System and Methodology]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 4k Random Read/Write]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - 8k Random Read/Write]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - 128k Sequential Read/Write]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Database/OLTP and File Server]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Email Server]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Marvel unleashes the official trailer to Black Panther
- Overwatch now has over 35 million players
- Battlegrounds' update adds vaulting, climbing to testers
- DOOM will be out on Nintendo Switch on November 10
- AMD Ryzen APU spotted with Radeon Vega M graphics
- COLORFUL iGame GeForce GTX 1080 Vulcan X OC Review
- South Park: The Fractured But Hole Review
- NVIDIA locks overclocking in GeForce GTX 1070 Ti
- MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti GAMING X TRIO: Unboxed
- Fans keep spinning after shutdown (X299 UD4)
- G.SKILL Releases Fastest 32GB (4x8GB) Trident Z RGB Memory Kit at DDR4-4266MHz
- Seagate To Participate In Consortium Led By Bain Capital Private Equity To Acquire Toshiba Memory Corporation
- ASUS Announces Z370 Series Motherboards
- New Forces Join Popular Team Group Gaming T-FORCE Series
- ECS Elitegroup Announces Z370-Lightsaber Motherboard