When I received this power supply for testing and review I was more than a little doubtful that a small 350 watt unit could maintain itself in any regard when pitted against an enthusiast rig. After all is said and done, I found myself to be pleasantly surprised. Though a little light in the 3.3v rail, it performed on par with many larger capacity models.
As far as price is concerned, the Super Tornado looks to be in the US$80 price range, so doesn't come in at too hefty a price tag. While you will certainly find other power supplies that can outperform this model, you'll find their prices range a good deal higher as a rule.
Bottom line...If you're getting into the enthusiast arena for the first time and are looking for quality power on a budget, you'll find a worthy competitor with this product. With a decent price and performance on par with larger power supplies, this one bears consideration. But if you're making big plans for several lighting effects, go ahead and get something with a higher overall power rating.
Good overall performance
Able to handle enthusiast system
Only one SATA adapter
Slightly low output on 3.3v rail
Rating - 8.5 out of 10
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Seasonic 350w - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Seasonic 350w - Page 2 [Features]
- Seasonic 350w - Page 3 [What You Get]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Co-op platformer Super Chariot coming to the Nintendo Switch
- SEGA launch mystery game reveal countdown website
- Single-player AAA game production costs increase by 10x
- Sony makes sign-ups for PS4 v5.50 firmware beta available
- Netflix won't be available on the Nintendo Switch as of yet
- Which one is Best laptop in my Budget
- ASRock Z97E-ITX/ac LGA 1150 major problems starting screen flickers > Freezes up win 10
- Phison E8 512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Preview
- Bios Gigabyte Z170X-Gaming test 8700K
- Which chip Is my main bios chip ( Gigabyte P17F Notebook )
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series