It used to be that when it came to the purchase of a power supply for your PC, all you had to do was go down to the local geek store and pick up whatever happened to be in stock. Power levels along any given voltage rail and total output weren't things to even be given a second thought. But then there came the enthusiast machine and the world changed.
Now instead of picking up what was cheapest, you had to take into consideration what kind of peripherals you were going to install, figure in the number of optical and physical drives while still leaving some headroom for future expansion or overclocking. My how the world was turned on its ear!
Lately, there has been a lot of discussion regarding how much power is really enough. A common recommendation (even in our own forums) is to get nothing less than 400 watts of total output, and even then buy only from a proven manufacturer.
So consider my surprise when the folks at Seasonic asked me to take a look at their Super Tornado PSU with a total sustained output rating of 350 watts! Could it stand up to the rigors of an enthusiast rig? Can it live up to the hype printed on its own packaging stating "The advanced choice for gamers & overclockers"? And at only 350 watts? Let's find out, those are big brave words to be spoken!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Seasonic 350w - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Seasonic 350w - Page 2 [Features]
- Seasonic 350w - Page 3 [What You Get]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo to 'revive' a 'very officially cancelled' game
- PlayStation VR changes will be 'dramatic' over next 10 years
- Apple rumored to be working on 31.6-inch 6K display
- Metro Exodus dev talks ray tracing on next-gen consoles
- Star Citizen dev says ray tracing is 'a massive headache'
- Best reminder app
- Supermicro C9Z390-CG-IW (Intel Z390) Motherboard Review
- Z77X-UD5H Bios Issue When Setting CPU Multiplier Above 44
- Resident Evil 2 Remake Review: Fright Night
- HELP !!!! ASROCK Z77 PRO3 "NON-K OC MENU" disappeared :-(
- Explore a World of Ancient Chinese Mythology!
- BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment America's Post EVO Japan Fighting Game News Round-up
- Million Arthur: Arcana Blood Coming To Steam This Summer
- Rising Lords announces alpha launch via new trailer
- Zombie-Veggie Shooter, The Walking Vegetables Radical! Edition Coming Soon to PS4!