128k Sequential Read/Write
128k sequential speed reflects the maximum sequential throughput of the SSD using a realistic file size encountered in an enterprise scenario. The Toshiba PX02SS goes toe-to-toe with the HGST SSD800MM in sequential read speed as both deliver a blistering average of 1,040 and 1,056 MiB/s, respectively. The PX02SM is within its expectations at 812 MiB/s.
Latency testing reveals very little latency variation with sequential read activity for all three SSDs.
The HGST absolutely dominates the sequential write testing with a blistering average of 702 MiB/s. The two Toshiba models score slightly over their rated speed at 417 MiB/s.
The faster speed of the HGST SSD800MM leads to significantly lower latency than that of the competing Toshiba models.
The percentage testing gives us another deeper perspective of the performance of the Toshiba drives. While the HGST provides excellent performance across the board, it actually loses more than half of the chart. In mixed read/write environments, we witness the PX02SS having a distinct advantage on the more read-centric mixtures until we hit a 70 percent mix. The HGST drops tremendously from 0 percent read (100 percent write) to the 10 percent mixture, while the Toshiba has a more graceful descent across the chart. This gives the Toshiba a win in seven of the categories, while the HGST mops up the remaining four.
The PX02SS averages 6.08 watts, and the HGST requires 8.68 watts for the sequential write workload.
The PX02SS averages 88 MiB/s-per-Watt, while the HGST provides 80 MiB/s-per-Watt.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Toshiba PX02SS Internals and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Test System and Methodology]
- Page 4 [4k Random Read/Write]
- Page 5 [8k Random Read/Write]
- Page 6 [128k Sequential Read/Write]
- Page 7 [Database/OLTP and File Server]
- Page 8 [Email Server]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Bitcoin flashes past $19,000: could have $20K by Christmas
- Because science: sperm used to deliver cancer drug to tumors
- Battlegrounds replay function tested ahead of v1.0 release
- Samsung's mid-range 2018 phones might feature 18:9 displays
- Far Cry 5's new trailer drops, shows off 'The Resistance'
- Patriot Viper V570 Blackout Gaming Mouse Review
- Cougar Puri TKL Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- OWC Mercury Helios 3 Thunderbolt 3 Enclosure Review
- Mionix Wei Ice Cream Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Unable to use all 3 M.2's for RAID 0
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series