Pulling the card out of the box, we don't see anything that we haven't really seen before. The Dual-X line from Sapphire isn't new to us, and you can see the Dual stands for dual fans.
Behind the two fans, you can see we've got a massive heat sink that covers the entire PCB, and looking at the bottom along with the left and right side of the card, you can see hints of the copper pipes that are helping pull the heat away from the core.
The Dual-X cooler is a really nice cooler for these mid-range cards, and it should put out some great numbers, even when overclocking is thrown into the mix.
Taking a look around the card, you can see that power comes in the form of a single 6-Pin PCIe power connector. Here we also get good look at the heat sink and copper pipe cooling solution that is going on. Continuing to move around the card, you can see we've got a single CrossFire connector in the event you want to run two of these cards together.
Finishing up our look at the card, you can see we've got two Dual-Link DVI ports, one in the form of DVI-D and the other in the form of DVI-I. Along with this, you can see we've also got an HDMI and DisplayPort connector to round things off. You can also see some vents are on offer to help push the hot air out the back of the case.
As we mentioned on the first page, the Sapphire R9 270 Dual-X 2GB OC is an OC model and brings with it an out-of-the-box overclock. The reference R9 270 2GB brings with it a 925MHz clock on the core and 5600MHz QDR clock on the 2GB of GDDR5. Looking below, you can see Sapphire has pushed the core slightly to 945MHz and left the memory alone.
As we mentioned earlier, we'll be overclocking our Sapphire R9 270 Dual-X 2GB OC card today. Looking above, you can see we pushed the core up to 1010MHz, and the 2GB of GDDR5 has been upped to 5920MHz QDR.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [The Card and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 11]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - 3DMark Fire Strike]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Phantasy Star Online 2]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Just Cause 2]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - F1 2012]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Metro Last Light]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Dirt Showdown]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Nexuiz]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Sniper Elite V2]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - Sleeping Dogs]
- Page 16 [Benchmarks - Hitman Absolution]
- Page 17 [Benchmarks - Tomb Raider]
- Page 18 [Benchmarks - BioShock Infinite]
- Page 19 [Benchmarks - Battlefield 4]
- Page 20 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 21 [Temperature Test]
- Page 22 [Sound Test]
- Page 23 [Power Consumption Test]
- Page 24 [Pricing, Availability and Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Qualcomm Snapdragon-powered notebooks: EPIC battery life
- PlayStation and Xbox cross-play is inevitable, says Epic
- Witcher series passes 33 million cumulative sales
- Cyberpunk 2077 will tap next-gen console power
- Total War Saga: Thrones of Britannia set back until May 3
- GIGABYTE Z170MX Gaming5 non K overclock
- Buy (10 Pieces) Apple iPhone X Brand New Unlocked 64GB $7,490
- Corsair ML140 PRO RGB 140mm Magnetic Levitation Review
- AMD Ryzen Master Utility Memory Access Mode Greyed Out ASROCK x399
- خدمه عملاء تكييفات باور & 01225025360 _01014723434 & اعطال باور
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit