Desktop Test System
HD Tach Sequential Performance
Although not designed for desktop use, we still wanted to run a couple of tests to get a better understanding of how AllFrame Technology works. Right at the start, we noticed a difference in the way the drive reads and writes sequential data. Normally with HDDs, we see a curve with the drives performance dropping off significantly as the heads move from the optimal area on the platter.
With the Purple, we see the read performance start to drop off but then increase again. The write speed doesn't drop off like an HDD at all. The write test reminds us of what we see testing SSDs in a degraded state.
AIDA64 64KB Latency
Read Latency 64KB
Write Latency 64KB
The large 64MB buffer keeps the latency steady while reading and writing the span of the drive.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Survive a 'Murder on the Orient Express' in our Blu-ray give
- War Thunder on Xbox One X will hit 60FPS later this year
- AMD Ryzen 7 2700X benched: whips ass against Ryzen 7 1700X
- ASUS ROG X470-F STRIX motherboard tease, ready for new Ryzen
- NVIDIA RTX technology: real-time ray tracing for games
- 20 Pieces Galaxy S9+256GB Site www.BizFests.com $11,740
- Asus G75 won't boot
- ROG G75 won't boot bios
- I guess as with most other forums this place is also a ghostown of bots
- CalDigit AV Pro 2 USB-C Storage Hub 3TB Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit