Before we hit the images of the management GUI, I have some images of the Netgear Genie App for iOS.
The first of the two landing screens for the Netgear Genie app includes features allowing you to manage wireless settings, parental controls, and even a network map and traffic meter.
The second screen has the router reboot button and turbo transfer app.
Along with the Traffic Meter, the Network Map is one of the more useful features of the Genie App. Here you can see a list of currently connected devices that are further categorized by the connection type.
The landing menu for the Nighthawk includes the option for easy setup, what Netgear calls Genie.
Basic setup landing shows you a quick view of what's going on in your network. As you can see, the wireless password scrolls across the top while we have parental control readily available as well.
The Basic wireless menu allows you to change the SSID of your networks along with passwords and connection speeds.
The attached devices tab shows you currently connected devices.
Next we have the ReadyShare menu tab where you can configure printers connected via USB for sharing along with storage.
Of course, no modern day router is complete without a guest network.
The advanced landing menu gives you slightly more information at a glance.
Here we have one of the more unique features of the R7000, the traffic meter. Within this menu, you can setup your router to monitor the outgoing or incoming traffic, and, for those that have data caps imposed, you can have the router change the LED color on the top when you near or hit your limit. You can also setup the router to kill Internet access if you happen to hit your limit.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Netgear Nighthawk R7000 Wireless Router]
- Page 3 [Management GUI]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Wired Throughput]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Wireless Throughput]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Wireless Range]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - File Transfer Test]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Gabe Newell is the 427th richest person in the world
- Sharp NES TV: a curious piece of 1980s gaming magic
- Sony's new PS4 controller for kids looks like a bad idea
- Switch sells over 2 million units in U.S. alone
- Gaming video to make $4.6 billion in 2017
- Will the PC-A76 accept a Tyan TYAN S7100 (S7100AG2NR) SSI EEB Mother board?
- MSI Z370 GODLIKE GAMING Motherboard Review
- GTX 1080 Ti 11GB - SLI or NOT !?
- GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS Gaming 7 Motherboard Review
- AORUS X9 (Kaby Lake) Gaming Laptop Review
- Introducing the CYBERPOWERPC Crystal Gaming Series Powered By CORSAIR
- COLORFUL Officially Releases iGame Z370 Vulcan X Motherboard in South Korea
- G.SKILL Releases DDR4-3800MHz 32GB (4x8GB) SO-DIMM Memory Kit for Mini-ITX Motherboards
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard