8k Random Read/Write
8k random read and write speed is a metric that is not tested for consumer use, but this is an important aspect of performance for enterprise environments. With several different workloads relying heavily upon 8k performance, we include this as a standard with each evaluation. Many of our Server Emulations below will also test 8k performance with various mixed read/write workloads.
The WD Xe averages 395 IOPS, and the Toshiba AL13SE delivers an average of 389 IOPS at QD256. The Seagate v7 averages 404 IOPS.
The WD Xe exhibits the same tendency for less performance at lower queue depths with random write activity. The Xe delivers 340 IOPS at QD256, the AL13SE is at 377 IOPS, and the v7 measures in at 361 IOPS.
The WD Xe again tops the charts with heavy read activity on the left, but it loses ground as we move to the right.
The wide range of latency is not quite as orderly as the other two drives in the test pool.
The WD Xe again exhibits excellent power consumption with a low average of 7.01 watts. This is nearly a 1.5 watt advantage, a big deal when we stack up hundreds of drives in a production environment.
The WD Xe leans on its stellar power consumption to provide enhanced efficiency.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [WD Xe 10k Internals and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Test System and Methodology]
- Page 4 [4k Random Read/Write]
- Page 5 [8k Random Read/Write]
- Page 6 [128k Sequential Read/Write]
- Page 7 [Database/OLTP and Web Server]
- Page 8 [File Server and Email Server]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Gearbox hiring writer for Borderlands 3
- Take-Two: Microtransactions help buffer risk of new IP
- UK official responds to lootbox petition
- Rocket League hosts Halloween event 'Haunted Hallows'
- Team Liquid wins SL i-League Invitational Season 3
- EK Fluid Gaming: Water-Cooled Gaming PC Build Guide
- Thecus® N2350 & N4350 the most affordable Home NAS series now available worldwide
- COLORFUL iGame GeForce GTX 1080 Vulcan X OC Review
- South Park: The Fractured But Hole Review
- NVIDIA locks overclocking in GeForce GTX 1070 Ti
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard
- ASRock announces X299E-ITX/ac, world's first mini-ITX LGA2066 motherboard
- Noctua introduces chromax line fans, cables and heat sink covers
- G.SKILL Releases Fastest 32GB (4x8GB) Trident Z RGB Memory Kit at DDR4-4266MHz