WD Xe 10k Internals
The Xe comes in the standard 15mm 2.5-inch form factor.
The dense foam pads help protect the PCB from vibration, and the white thermal pads allow the controller components to shed heat into the drive housing.
The upper left of the PCB holds two DRAM packages that total 32MB. A Winbond motor controller is placed on the right side of the PCB, and the secondary processor is near the bottom edge.
The Marvell i1248-C2 controller is the primary controller for the drive.
The SAS 6Gb/s connection provides the SCSI command set and dual-port functionality.
WD Xe 10k Specifications
The Xe series also offers an SED option with the AES-256 encryption engine for Crypto erase functionality. The drive is rated for 600,000 load/unload cycles and has a non-recoverable read errors per bits read ranking of 10 in 10E17.
The Xe is also available in a WDxxxHKHG model. The 2.5-inch drive is mounted into a 3.5-inch adaptor that also acts as a large heat sink. This keeps the drive cool and allows for compatibility in legacy applications.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [WD Xe 10k Internals and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Test System and Methodology]
- Page 4 [4k Random Read/Write]
- Page 5 [8k Random Read/Write]
- Page 6 [128k Sequential Read/Write]
- Page 7 [Database/OLTP and Web Server]
- Page 8 [File Server and Email Server]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Dbrands Nintendo Switch skins guarantee no damage to device
- PowerColor teases Radeon RX Vega Nano prototype
- AMD teases Ryzen 7 2800X, could be a 10C/20T beast at 4GHz+
- Xbox One could soon have 120Hz high refresh rate option
- Valve picks up Campo Santo, Firewatch developer
- FS 40 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9+ (www.BizFests.com) 128GB $8,520
- Legacy Mode
- Possible Router Issues
- ADATA Premier Memory Cards
- Can't complete BIOS recovery
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit