128k Sequential Read/Write
The 128k sequential speeds reflect the maximum sequential throughput of the HDD using a realistic file size encountered in an enterprise scenario.
The Toshiba AL13SE averages 184 MB/s of sequential read speed, while the Seagate v7 takes the lead with its average of 195 MB/s.
The AL13SE averages 182 MB/s of sequential write speed, and the Seagate leads again with 195 MB/s.
Though the AL13SE trails in the pure read and write workloads, we can see that it handles mixed read/write data very well and dominates the middle of the chart.
The Seagate v7 provides lower latency during the 100 percent write testing.
The Seagate v7 draws more power during the write test, but the IOPS to Watts testing reveals this is in line with the increase in performance.
The AL13SE and the v7 deliver similar test results in IOPS per Watt testing for sequential data, proving that the slightly higher power consumption of the v7 is offset by the increased performance.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [AL13SE Internals and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Test System and Methodology]
- Page 4 [4k Random Read/Write]
- Page 5 [8k Random Read/Write]
- Page 6 [128k Sequential Read/Write]
- Page 7 [Database/OLTP and Web Server]
- Page 8 [File Server and Email Server]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Seasonic reveal their PRIME Ultra power supplies
- Noctua to release two AM4-compatible low-profile coolers
- Battlerite to leave Steam's Early Access November 8
- Sharkoon reveal the AI7000 Silent & Glass PC cases
- Oculus founder has a new company, working on VR still
- Intel Core i9-7980XE and i9-7960X CPU Review
- Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 4K Blu-ray Review
- Upgrading USB ports on top of case
- Areca ARC-8050T3 12-Bay Thunderbolt 3 RAID DAS Review
- GA-P67A-UD3P-B3 can't change multiplier past 38, can't change turbo ratio with i5 3570k
- AOC announces retail availability of AGON curved QHD gaming monitor
- Seasonic presents the PRIME Ultra power supplies
- EVGA announces GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 ELITE video card
- G.Skill releases AMD Ryzen-optimized Trident Z RGB DDR4 memory
- Hear the difference feel the beat of the DRUM