8k Random Read/Write
8k random read and write speed is a metric that is not tested for consumer use, but is an important aspect of performance for enterprise environments. With several different workloads relying heavily upon 8k performance, we include this as a standard with each evaluation. Many of our Server Emulations below will also test 8k performance with various mixed read/write workloads.
The Toshiba AL13SE delivers an average of 389 IOPS at QD256, falling slightly to the Seagate v7's average of 404 IOPS.
The average 8k random write speed of the AL13SE is 377 IOPS at QD256. The v7 measures a lower 361 IOPS at QD256, with the two drives again flip-flopping positions from read to write testing.
The AL13SE scores very well as we mix in more write activity, with the tipping point occurring at a 30 percent write mixture and continuing until it is a full 100 percent write workload.
The AL13SE nudges the v7 with a slightly lower latency range with write activity.
The difference in power consumption for the AL13SE and the v7 is nearly indistinguishable in this test, with less than 0.1 watts separating the two drives.
The two drives again trade blows with efficiency. The AL13SE leads in write workloads, while the v7 leads in read workloads. This is rather predictable considering the performance results above.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [AL13SE Internals and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Test System and Methodology]
- Page 4 [4k Random Read/Write]
- Page 5 [8k Random Read/Write]
- Page 6 [128k Sequential Read/Write]
- Page 7 [Database/OLTP and Web Server]
- Page 8 [File Server and Email Server]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Google Stadia's save sharing feature is revolutionary
- Games titan Tencent earns $45 billion in 2018
- Capcom release Devil May Cry 5 soundtrack on Spotify/Steam
- Sixth Goku iteration added to Dragon Ball FighterZ
- Kotal Kahn gets bodied in his own Mortal Kombat 11 reveal
- Icy Dock flexiDock MB524SP-B Review - 4x 2.5" SATA, 5.25 Bay
- ASUS Prime X-470 Pro very long POST / Windows boot time
- Logitech G603 Lightspeed Wireless Gaming Mouse Review
- Aorus master or stutter master?
- LoanCare, a ServiceLink Company, Announces New Chief Information Officer
- Giada Adds AMD Ryzen-Powered DM6 To High-Performance Signage Player Series
- Slay Time - Hack and Slash MMORPG Guardians of Ember Enters Open Beta
- Nokia Commits US$750K to Support the Work of the Internet Engineering Task Force
- The global installed base of airport asset tracking systems will reach 0.4 million units in 2023