Specifications, Availability, and Pricing
The chart above, provided by GAMDIAS, is sort of plain and doesn't tell us much about the new ZEUS Esport Edition. It does cover things like the five 4.5g weights that can be used to customize the weight and feel of this mouse. We also see that there is a two meter cable, but there is no mention of it being sleeved with a cloth braid. We see there are eleven keys, but no mention of profiles, Macros, or key binding.
It states that there is an 8,200 DPI sensor, mentions the polling rate, and even discusses the onboard memory, but not one mention to what is actually used, just that it is an "Advanced Gaming Laser Sensor". The last two bits to cover here are that the switches used offer eleven million clicks of lifespan (only two of them) and that there is Hera software available to take full control of what this mouse can do.
What isn't mentioned is that this is the Avago ADNS A9800 laser sensor taking control of tracking your movements, and that they used the 32-bit NXP LPC11U34F MCU offering 512MB of onboard storage. One may ask, why so much storage? Well, with six profiles to set, and eleven buttons on each that can be reprogrammed to suit your needs, along with Macros stored on top of that, the more room the better in our eyes. One might assume with the longevity of the switches being mentioned that we would be getting Omron switches in this device, but we are given TTC switches under the right and left click buttons, and pad style switches everywhere else.
There is also the rubberized surface applied to it that gets no mention, the five zones of LED lighting, nor any mention of one of the best features, the adjustable side panels that will allow narrow and wide handed users a very comforting grip on the ZEUS mouse.
The real shocker to this whole deal is while I was looking around for a pricing reference, we found the original ZEUS version still selling for right near $100. While no real information is even available about the MSRP inside of the US, we did find a listing at Amazon from over the pond, and with the current conversion rate, we are looking at a mouse in excess of $130.
While we have seen some super high priced mice before, at the levels this new mouse is demanding in price, the vision narrows a bit as we go over the ZEUS Esport Edition gaming mouse with a very fine toothed comb to see if in fact they are the "Gaming Gods" and if this version of the ZEUS is worth its weight in gold as the pricing available is suggestive of.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Spyro Reiginited Trilogy may get subtitles added soon
- Piccolo/Cell/Kenshin and Shishio added to Jump Force roster
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate post-launch rumor, more content?
- Switch SMITE scheduled for Jan 24th launch, pre-orders live
- Amazon depleted of Super Smash Bros. Ultimate stock
- Narrow bezel on a metallic chassis MSI PS42 14 Thin & Light Laptop Review
- is a supplement this is
- 'Koala Stoner Noir' Free Demo Released Today. Full Game Updated With New Map Location And Cinema Experience
- TRENDnet launches long-range PoE+ switches
- ADATA Launches Ultimate SU630 3D QLC NAND SSD
- Razer announces the BlackWidow Lite
- ASUS ROG Announces ROG Strix Radeon RX 590 Graphics Card