The 128GB capacity size is still very popular with users new to solid state drive technology. With prices often less than $100, it's a good way to test the waters and see what all the fuss is about. Products like the Vertex 460 also deliver amazing performance even though the amount of flash doesn't offer the same amount of interleaving of data between the flash. Some controllers do very well without large scale interleaving and others, not so much. Barefoot 3 is one of the better controllers when working with less flash.
The Vertex 460 120GB has more going for it than just performance and price. OCZ still includes the same accessory package that they do with the flagship Vector products and the larger capacity offerings.
Every Vertex 460 includes a desktop adapter bracket, mounting screws, and key for drive cloning software that you download from OCZ.com. OCZ also has an SSD Toolbox that allows end users to easily update firmware and to run a secure erase cycle when you need to clean the drive.
All things considered, the 120GB Vertex 460 is a solid product with a great accessory package and best-in-class performance. This capacity size is a little small for gamers and power users, but if you want a great user experience for everything else, this is the drive under $100 that I'd buy.
PRICING: You can find the 120GB Vertex 460 for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link to see the very latest pricing for the best deal.
United States: The 120GB Vertex 460 retails for $99.99 at Amazon.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Pricing, and Availability]
- Page 3 [OCZ Vertex 460 120GB SSD]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and ATTO Baseline Performance]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Sequential Performance]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - AIDA64 Random Access Time]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Anvil Storage Utilities]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AMD EPYC Rome: 64C/128T processor teased at 2.35GHz
- Samsung Galaxy F rumors: March 2019, costs up to $1770
- Capcom may continue cloud-based Switch games
- Fire Emblem Heroes makes 72% of Nintendo's mobile revenue
- Obsidian excited about Game Pass, wants to redefine RPGs
- Q87m-e/csm & ddr3 1600 ram
- Intel Core i9-9980XE Extreme Edition Review
- Convert MBOX File Format to PST Format
- OLM to PST Converter
- 'Ring of Elysium' launches three-tier security system
- eZuce Vibe is Powered by Oracle Cloud and Now Available in the Oracle Cloud Marketplace
- GlobalSign Launches Global Partner Program to Advance Enterprise Growth
- ADAMA and Pessl Instruments Signed Agreement for Global Partnership
- TYAN Showcases HPC, Storage and Cloud Server Platforms