The 128GB capacity size is still very popular with users new to solid state drive technology. With prices often less than $100, it's a good way to test the waters and see what all the fuss is about. Products like the Vertex 460 also deliver amazing performance even though the amount of flash doesn't offer the same amount of interleaving of data between the flash. Some controllers do very well without large scale interleaving and others, not so much. Barefoot 3 is one of the better controllers when working with less flash.
The Vertex 460 120GB has more going for it than just performance and price. OCZ still includes the same accessory package that they do with the flagship Vector products and the larger capacity offerings.
Every Vertex 460 includes a desktop adapter bracket, mounting screws, and key for drive cloning software that you download from OCZ.com. OCZ also has an SSD Toolbox that allows end users to easily update firmware and to run a secure erase cycle when you need to clean the drive.
All things considered, the 120GB Vertex 460 is a solid product with a great accessory package and best-in-class performance. This capacity size is a little small for gamers and power users, but if you want a great user experience for everything else, this is the drive under $100 that I'd buy.
PRICING: You can find the 120GB Vertex 460 for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link to see the very latest pricing for the best deal.
United States: The 120GB Vertex 460 retails for $99.99 at Amazon.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Pricing, and Availability]
- Page 3 [OCZ Vertex 460 120GB SSD]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and ATTO Baseline Performance]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Sequential Performance]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - AIDA64 Random Access Time]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Anvil Storage Utilities]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Intel's new XMM 7660 LTE modem: 1.6Gbps speeds on your phone
- Skyrim on Switch runs at native 900p resolution while docked
- THQ Nordic grabs Biomutant game rights and developer
- EA: Live services are a predictable, evolving business
- Vivendi postpones Ubisoft takeover
- Secretlab OMEGA 2018 gaming chair: the new king is here
- NVIDIA TITAN Xp Star Wars Collector's Edition Unboxed
- Supermicro SuperO C7Z370-CG-L Motherboard Review
- GAMDIAS Hermes E1 Gaming Combo Review
- need advice for replacing 4 washable air filter for my pc-b25s
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series
- ASUS Republic of Gamers Announces Swift PG27VQ