Netgear calls the XS708E the world's first SMB switch with 10 gigabit connectivity, but we think it's much more than that. Virtualization is on the rise in many market segments, and the low price mixed with the features offered make this product attractive for many markets.
At roughly $100 per port, the Netgear XS708E and larger XS712T break into the SMB market like a tornado. We haven't found any other switch with all 10GbE ports priced anywhere near this point.
For smaller businesses, the XS708E feature list is just enough to get the network set up without requiring a dedicated IT staff to fumble through the configuration. Sometimes it's easy to forget that having a large number of advanced features available can sometimes become a distraction for small businesses looking for more of a plug-and-play solution. The Netgear XS708E provides that experience but still offers enough additional features when required.
Since the XS708E is non-blocking, there isn't much to add on the performance side. Each port receives 100 percent of the bandwidth offered by 10GbE, so performance is less of a concern than setup, the feature set, and price.
It's difficult to get away from talking about the price because regardless of everything else, this switch is clearly the market leader at this time. Other companies have started to talk about low cost 10GbE SMB products, but Netgear has already delivered.
PRICING: You can find the Netgear ProSAFE XS708E for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link to see the very latest pricing for the best deal.
United States: The Netgear ProSAFE XS708E retails for $835.00 at Amazon.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Blizzard ban World of Warcraft cheaters
- Qualcomm the first to test 5G, debuts 5G reference phone
- Marvel unleashes the official trailer to Black Panther
- Overwatch now has over 35 million players
- Battlegrounds' update adds vaulting, climbing to testers
- COLORFUL iGame GeForce GTX 1080 Vulcan X OC Review
- South Park: The Fractured But Hole Review
- NVIDIA locks overclocking in GeForce GTX 1070 Ti
- MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti GAMING X TRIO: Unboxed
- Fans keep spinning after shutdown (X299 UD4)
- G.SKILL Releases Fastest 32GB (4x8GB) Trident Z RGB Memory Kit at DDR4-4266MHz
- Seagate To Participate In Consortium Led By Bain Capital Private Equity To Acquire Toshiba Memory Corporation
- ASUS Announces Z370 Series Motherboards
- New Forces Join Popular Team Group Gaming T-FORCE Series
- ECS Elitegroup Announces Z370-Lightsaber Motherboard