Hardware Specifications and Pricing
The Netgear ProSAFE XS708E doesn't have the same impressive list of features that we found on the XS712T, but it does provide a nice list of features. The biggest feature is, of course, the network itself, which is 10 gigabit to eight devices.
At this time, the XS708E doesn't use a web interface for management, but the specification sheet says the feature is coming. The Netgear Plus Utility, on the included software disk, does open the switch up for additional configuration. One feature we found useful was Link Aggregation. When using servers that do not have 10GbE capability, you can trunk ports together, even 10GbE, to increase bandwidth.
We saved the best part until this point. After a search, we managed to find the Netgear ProSAFE XS708E for just over $800. At $100 per port, the XS708E costs a bit more per port than the next 10GbE up the Netgear chain, but the twelve-port model has a total cost of over $1100.
To sweeten the deal, Netgear includes a lifetime warranty when purchased from an authorized seller.
PRICING: You can find the Netgear ProSAFE XS708E for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link to see the very latest pricing for the best deal.
United States: The Netgear ProSAFE XS708E retails for $835.00 at Amazon.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Dbrands Nintendo Switch skins guarantee no damage to device
- PowerColor teases Radeon RX Vega Nano prototype
- AMD teases Ryzen 7 2800X, could be a 10C/20T beast at 4GHz+
- Xbox One could soon have 120Hz high refresh rate option
- Valve picks up Campo Santo, Firewatch developer
- FS 40 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9+ (www.BizFests.com) 128GB $8,520
- Legacy Mode
- Possible Router Issues
- ADATA Premier Memory Cards
- Can't complete BIOS recovery
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit