Installation and Finished Product
There are two ways the back plate will go around the socket bracket, and we can also see two locations for the nuts that go through the motherboard to fit various Intel sockets. They also no longer include the foam tape we used to get to help hold these plates in place when we flipped the board over.
Also, just like with the H75, we find the nuts that run through the motherboard to be much too tall. Once the standoffs are in place and the cooler is mounted, you can run out of threads just by going finger tight; there is a real lack of mounting pressure with these designs.
We now have the correct set of standoffs mounted to the back plate, but combined they and the back plate are lose and move around easily. All we need to do now is add some TIM and get that head unit and radiator mounted.
At this point, we now have the H105 fully installed, and we, of course, swapped out the ring on the head unit for the bright red one to match our test system's memory and chassis, and it looks quite good.
While a bit tough to tell with how bright the lights are for imaging, and aside from the slight hum of the head unit, with one glance into the chassis, the white LEDs behind the name and logo will show you it has power.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Monster Hunter World launches January 2018
- Left Alive is Square Enix's shot at survival mech action
- Rocket League Autumn Update available September 28
- Synology introduces new XS, Value and Series NAS
- ASUS introduce the ROG Strix Fusion 300 gaming headset
- ad240ehdgmbox on m3a785gmh/128m mainboard?
- 8K benched: RX Vega 64 vs. GTX 1080 Ti vs. TITAN Xp SLI
- AMD X399 TR4 Threadripper Motherboard Buyer's Guide
- Gigabyte System Information Viewer
- ASRock X399 Professional Gaming Motherboard Review
- In Win Launches 'Wood-infused' 305 Mid-Tower PC Chassis
- Micron appoints Anand Jayapalan as Storage Business Unit Vice President
- Bluehole, Inc and Microsoft announce expanded partnership for PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds
- Optimize system performance with new drive adapter
- Lian Li reveals new PC-Q39 tempered glass Mini-ITX tower