Installation and Finished Product
There are two ways the back plate will go around the socket bracket, and we can also see two locations for the nuts that go through the motherboard to fit various Intel sockets. They also no longer include the foam tape we used to get to help hold these plates in place when we flipped the board over.
Also, just like with the H75, we find the nuts that run through the motherboard to be much too tall. Once the standoffs are in place and the cooler is mounted, you can run out of threads just by going finger tight; there is a real lack of mounting pressure with these designs.
We now have the correct set of standoffs mounted to the back plate, but combined they and the back plate are lose and move around easily. All we need to do now is add some TIM and get that head unit and radiator mounted.
At this point, we now have the H105 fully installed, and we, of course, swapped out the ring on the head unit for the bright red one to match our test system's memory and chassis, and it looks quite good.
While a bit tough to tell with how bright the lights are for imaging, and aside from the slight hum of the head unit, with one glance into the chassis, the white LEDs behind the name and logo will show you it has power.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Luigi's Balloon World/new outfits for Super Mario Odyssey
- Nintendo Switch adds another 18 new games in a week
- Paladins remove their loot box system after community uproar
- New Battlefield title will be available at EA PLAY 2018
- Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Trilogy coming to Nintendo Switch
- Amped Wireless Titan AC1900 Wireless Router Review
- Reeven NAIA 240 CPU Cooler Review
- For Sale 5 Pieces Apple iPhone 8 64GB Brand New Unlocked $2,795
- Ryzen (1000-Series) Overclocking Guide
- For Sale (40 Pieces) Apple iPhone X 64GB $17,960 Brand New Unlocked
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit