Corsair Hydro Series H105 Extreme Performance Liquid CPU Cooler
Fresh out of the box, we can now see the majority of the H105, sans the fans. Aside from the much longer radiator this time around, upon first glance, we see the same head unit, mounting, and tubing that we found in the H75.
The top of the head unit offers two things. One of them is, of course, the Corsair name and logo, but it is also backlit with white LEDs. The second thing of note is that the grey, brushed-looking plastic ring is replaceable with two options of colored rings that come with the rest of the hardware.
We see angled plastic fittings coming out of the side to allow the coolant in and out of the head unit to flow across the micro-fins on the coldplate, and just off to the right is where the three wire connection comes from to power the pump and LEDs.
After removing the plastic cup that protects the thermal paste, we see it covers more than the mating area of any processor's IHS. You will also see that the Intel hardware is installed, and the snap ring is clipped in place to secure that bracket to the head unit. AMD users will need to change this.
Since we do not test with the supplied paste anyways, we removed it to have a look at the finish of the base. The plate sits higher in the middle and has round milling grooves still left in the finish.
Stepping back to take a look at the tubing length, while currently curving a fair bit from being packaged like it is, when extended, we found the tubing to be 12.5 inches from connection to connection.
As the tubing reaches the aluminium radiator that has been painted black, we find the low-evaporation tubing is forced over a barbed fitting, and a plastic ring then keeps the tubing on the fitting.
The 240mm radiator uses the same high FPI radiator that we have seen from the two suppliers for years, and as we counted a random inch of fins in this, we found the count to be 22 fins per inch. Good thing we have high airflow and high static pressure fans supplied with this.
This sticker is more for reference and product tracking purposes, but off to the right in tiny print, we can also see that the total wattage taken from the pump at 12V is down to 3.9W now.
While the idea is not new to rivet a side plate onto the radiator, there seems to be a larger offset this time. The spacing between the fins and the fans has increased by a millimeter or so from other dual-radiator designs. This should also help the efficiency of airflow and allow for a bit more pressure to build before the air is run through the fins.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Intel holds firm to 2020 for discrete GPU
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti: monster card with 11GB GDDR6
- THQ Nordic has 34 unannounced projects in development
- THQ buys Timesplitters IP
- Diablo III coming to Nintendo Switch
- Buy (5 Pieces) Samsung Galaxy Note9/S9/S9+/S8+ New $1,150
- TRENDnet TWC-L10 Wi-Fi Light Bulb Security Camera Review
- Buy (3 Pieces) Samsung Galaxy Note9/S9/S9+/S8+ New $900
- Buy (2Pieces) Samsung Galaxy Note9/S9/S9+/S8+ New $800
- Fnatic miniSTREAK Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Legendary Actor Patrick Stewart To Narrate My Memory of Us
- Hi-Rez Studios Establishes New Development Studios, Strengthens Publishing Position
- Guardians of the Sky Arrives for TERA PC with Aerial Content and Limited Time Loot
- Lian Li Fuse Classic Brushed Aluminum and Modern RGB Lighting with new LANCOOL ONE Chassis
- Samsung's 16Gb GDDR6 Memory Powers Latest NVIDIA Quadro Professional Graphics Solution