Inside the MX-Board 3.0
Looking at the side shots of the keyboard, we could see the top was much thinner than the bottom section of the frame. Here we see both, and the top has an insert under the Cherry naming to allow it to be illuminated. We can also see the lower section has supports to make this design more rigid.
Looking at the PCB, this has to be the cleanest finished product we have seen. There is not one bit of flux residue, or even any other sort of markings, just very clean and professionally done workmanship is found here.
Controlling what the MX-Board 3.0 can do is this Holtek HT82K95E IC soldered to the PCB. This is an 8-bit MCU and offers lower speed USB 2.0 transmission than some of the others, but since there aren't a ton of extra doo-dads on this keyboard, this is plenty to control what Cherry is offering.
This really isn't so much an image of the connection as it is an image to show the pair of LEDs that will illuminate the Cherry name and logo in white above all the keys. There are also five green LEDs that are under the Windows, the Caps Lock, Scroll Lock, and the Numbers Lock keys to denote if they are engaged or not.
Unless it is really dark in the room, the illumination of the logo is not that obvious. However, the bright green used under the Lock and Windows keys is easy to see no matter the lighting conditions.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability, and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [Cherry MX-Board 3.0 Mechanical Keyboard]
- Page 5 [MX-Board 3.0 Continued]
- Page 6 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 7 [Inside the MX-Board 3.0]
- Page 8 [Software]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Shenmue III release date finalized
- Amazon kills 20% game pre-order discount, offers $10 credit
- Devil May Cry 5 gets stylish new gameplay and release date
- Battlefield V's low pre-orders could hurt EA, says analyst
- Everspace will take flight on the Switch in December
- P9X79E-WS Giant Headaches
- EVGA Z370 Classified K (Intel Z370) Motherboard Review
- GIGABYTE Z370 Aorus Ultra Gaming WIFI-OP Motherboard Review
- Buy (30) Apple iPhone X $8,970 (Buy on our www .BizFests.com)
- Boot sequence, BIOS setting question
- Road Redemption Coming This Fall to PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch
- PROZE: a VR survival adventure announcement trailer
- Let's Ragnarok! Legend of Solgard Launches worldwide on Mobile
- Snail Games Soft Launches My Dino in Canada