Cherry MX-Board 3.0 Mechanical Keyboard
Fresh out of the box, we see that the laser etching on the key caps is bright and easy to see; in fact, it is nearly as bright as the white paint used for the logo at the top and the keyboard name at the bottom. Note: this is their 108-key US layout backed with Cherry MX red switches.
To give an idea of what we are dealing with, the front edge measures 18mm in height to the top of the frame and 20mm to the top of the key caps there. At the back, including the red feet and the key caps, the MX-Board 3.0 sits at 28mm in height.
The left side of the board offers a standard 74-key layout with a font on the caps that is easy to read. There are no special profile or macro keys, but that doesn't mean it cannot work for gaming.
Typically, here we would see 30 keys and a logo in the right corner, but with the MX-Board 3.0, the name is in the center, and they have added buttons for volume control as well as an Internet home page button that doubles as a Windows button lockout.
Each of the key caps is single shot in black textured plastic and is then laser etched so the legends will never wear off. Not only are the caps cylindrical in shape, it is easy to see that these are much shorter in height than any others we have reviewed before.
If the legs under the keyboard are extended, it then increases the angle of attack, but on the technical side, the keyboard now stands 38mm from table to the top of the frame.
As we can easily see, all of the caps are backed with Cherry MX red switches. We also noticed that the tension bars that keep the larger keys even in travel, no matter where the key is pressed, are built into the frame and makes the caps much easier to remove for cleaning.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability, and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [Cherry MX-Board 3.0 Mechanical Keyboard]
- Page 5 [MX-Board 3.0 Continued]
- Page 6 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 7 [Inside the MX-Board 3.0]
- Page 8 [Software]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Diablo III coming to Nintendo Switch
- Rainbow Six Siege free-to-play trail beginning August 16th
- Rune: Ragnarok receives teaser trailer, screenshots & PC req
- Hi-Rez Studios announces creation of 3 distinct new studios
- Team17 announce New Game+ for Overcooked 2
- Buy (5 Pieces) Samsung Galaxy Note9/S9/S9+/S8+ New $1,150
- TRENDnet TWC-L10 Wi-Fi Light Bulb Security Camera Review
- Buy (3 Pieces) Samsung Galaxy Note9/S9/S9+/S8+ New $900
- Buy (2Pieces) Samsung Galaxy Note9/S9/S9+/S8+ New $800
- Fnatic miniSTREAK Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Legendary Actor Patrick Stewart To Narrate My Memory of Us
- Hi-Rez Studios Establishes New Development Studios, Strengthens Publishing Position
- Guardians of the Sky Arrives for TERA PC with Aerial Content and Limited Time Loot
- Lian Li Fuse Classic Brushed Aluminum and Modern RGB Lighting with new LANCOOL ONE Chassis
- Samsung's 16Gb GDDR6 Memory Powers Latest NVIDIA Quadro Professional Graphics Solution