Test System and Thermal Results
For these tests, we ran our video card at 900 MHz core, 1250 MHz memory, and the default 1.031 volts going to the core. The fan is also left on auto to allow it to ramp up with the heat load provided from testing with the Unigine Heaven benchmark run at default settings and a 1080p resolution to provide the stress to our card. This test is run for twenty minutes and, by using GPU-Z, we attain our idle and loaded results.
For the overclocked runs shown in the charts, we take the HD7950 to 1135 MHz on the core while increasing the voltage to 1.31V in the HIS overclocking suite, and we also take the memory to 1800 MHz mostly because it can. Again, Unigine Heaven is run in twenty minute cycles, and all tests are run in threes and an average temperature is used for our charts.
At idle, since the fans were being controlled by our fan controller and they make relatively no noise when at full speed, they were in fact running at 1350 RPM at this point. We found the results to be on average with the rest of the coolers at stock levels, and even with the overclock applied, since the card down clocks, a little extra voltage barely even shows up as we see 30 degrees at idle and only 31 degrees at stock with the Dracula.
Once the testing was let lose, at both stock and overclocked levels, we find the Dracula to be 15 degrees better than stock at stock settings, coming in at 48 degrees. The efficiency increased a bit once the overclock was applied as the Dracula is now 26 degrees better than the stock cooler, which came in at 54 degrees, and we tested with midrange fans on purpose.
This shows that the cooler is pretty darn good with average fans, and if you were to buy the more serious fans out there, this cooler will walk right up to the levels that the MK-26 offers.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Why EA closed Visceral and recycled its Star Wars game
- Team Fortress 2 blends with Jurassic Park in new update
- Zelda: Breath of the Wild compared on Switch and PC @ 4K
- Qualcomm unveils its new Snapdragon 636 processor
- Analogue's Super Nt will play every SNES game at 1080p
- ASUS Battery Health Charging - windows 10 
- EK Fluid Gaming: Water-Cooled Gaming PC Build Guide
- Thecus® N2350 & N4350 the most affordable Home NAS series now available worldwide
- COLORFUL iGame GeForce GTX 1080 Vulcan X OC Review
- South Park: The Fractured But Hole Review
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard
- ASRock announces X299E-ITX/ac, world's first mini-ITX LGA2066 motherboard
- Noctua introduces chromax line fans, cables and heat sink covers
- G.SKILL Releases Fastest 32GB (4x8GB) Trident Z RGB Memory Kit at DDR4-4266MHz